Philippines Dive Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bug killer

Registered
Reaction score
I would like to make a dive trip to the Philippines and use a land-based dive resort for both divers and non-divers. We prefer wall, drift, and reef diving with big animals. We really don't care for wreck or muck diving, but are open to a few of these dives. Can anyone suggest the best area or resort for this type of diving? Thanks!!

Hey Bug killer, as a rule the Philippines is a muck/macro diving destination. Some locations like PG, Apo, and Malapascua will offer you SOME big fish and/or drift diving, but there will most likely be more than "a few" of the macro dives.

Maybe consider Palau?

hth

Based on your interests, here are my recommendations=
Donsol, Albay for whale sharks-- snorkling only. Two days snorkling should be enough. Here's most of the info you'll need ALBAY TOURISM: Whale Sharks - Butanding. For lodging, go to Donsol Vacations, Tourism and Donsol, Philippines Travel Reviews - TripAdvisor Vitton and Woodland Beach Resorts are right next to where you will board the boats. Read the reviews of the different resorts, as they are very helpful.
After Donsol, cross over to Ticao Island for a chance to see Mantas. Consider this resort Welcome to Ticao Island Resort Philippines As stated, the Philippines is mainly macro diving but you will have some mix here in Ticao. A 5-7 night stay should suffice. Here are some reviews Ticao Island Resort (Masbate, Philippines) - Resort Reviews. - TripAdvisor

Another destination combination for big stuff/wall diving will be Moalboal, Cebu (walls) and Malapascua, Cebu (Tresher sharks and mantas). Obviously, your plane will land in Mactan, Cebu for your international flight. Stay at the Malapascua Exotic Island Dive and Beach Resort Malapascua Exotic Island Dive and Beach Resort I have never been disappointed the 3 times I have been there. I can't remember the name of the resort I used when I was in Moalboal but it was owned/run by a Dutch couple and situated in the southern part of coast, away from the crowded Panagsama Beach (meaning, I don't advise Panagsama Beach). 5-7 night stay in each destination is good.

All resorts can arrange for your transfers. Get local currency inside the international airport, just beyond the baggage claim area. Get plenty of 20, 50, and 100 pesos- you will need it for tips, rides, etc. ATMs are hard to come by outside the big cities and credit cards carry hefty fees, if at all accepted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom