Philippines with young kids

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frogfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi all - I am starting to plan a one week visit with my wife and 3 kids (between 7 and 2) in late April/ early May; we would probably also bring the nanny who is filippina.

What we are after:
- comfortable place, with swimming pool if possible but not a must
- nice beach from which the kids can swim, and also snorkel
- nice diving of course, with sites close by and preferably a good house reef (so that we can go diving without being away for the whole day)

Started searching the forum, and have seen places like Cabilao and Alona - But would really like to get some pointers from the experts as there seem to be so many options; we went to Malapascua a few years ago and that was actually very nice, but would like to try something new.

Thanks in advance !

+1 on this! It's a really nice place. And you return to the resort after each dive, so you are never gone for too long (unless you go on a day trip to verde island, which I highly recommend).

If I went back to PG ith my young familly, that would be the place I'd choose.:coffee:

The place to go is LLBC in PG. They are user friendly and kid friendly!!! Nice place for the kids.

La Laguna Beach Club - Puerto Galera, Philippines
La Laguna Beach Club and Dive Centre - Puerto Galera, Philippines

I believe LBC have couple of family rooms as well. The swimming pool is small but for 2-7 yrs old kid that is about right.

Alona Beach is nice but I am not sure if it is suitable for swimming. Lot of sea-urchins hidden by the long sea grasses. Stepped into one before and it was pretty painful.

I would have suggested Camiguin if the kids are older and if they like cycling.

I will make a few suggestions and these are expecially well suited if you decide to bring your Nanny, since she can watch them while you are out diving......

1. Polaris on Cabilao... Good Pool, good grounds small Island so it is very safe for the kids... beach was good for swimming and snorkeling decent house reef especially for Night dives....

2. Ravenela on White Beach / Moalboal.... it is right on the beach plenty of places for the kids to play in the sand and it has safe swimming in the ocean as well as there is decent snorkeling around the area...

3. Stay in Tagbilaran on Bohol at Bohol Tropics.... They have great swimming pools, your Nanny can tour the kids around the have a great time while you sneak off to make dives at Alona or use the Korean Run Dive Center at Bohol Tropics...

Finally where I teach is very family friendly.... unfortunately the only down side is the beach is not real good for swimming although it is great for snorkeling, has a great Adult and a small Kiddy Pool. I would be happy to give you more info via PM....

Cheers,
Roger

Last edited by a moderator:
A warning to all you PPDers who don't know about this restaurant... You are missing something special!!!! This is some of the best Italian food I've had, and for those of you who don't know yet, I am extremely hard to please! It is fabulous. Worth a trip to the PI in itself... :D You can get the pizza in Sabang... But a dinner outing to the main restaurant is worth it even if it's a bit far and needs travel arrangements! It's even better that Atlantis, which is pretty good...

If you've never been... Next time in Sabang, hire a Jeepney and go! It's worth it!:coffee::coffee: It's the "Verde Island outing" for restaurants!

Another option around Puerto Galera could be Luca Cucina Italiana - Italian Restaurant (they have accommodation too - in Talipanan, Puerto Galera Mindoro in Talipanan, between White Beach & Sabang. The dive sites are further, but it's secluded and beautiful - which is basically the trade-off between Sabang and any of the surrounding areas

Even if you stay at LBC, it's worth going to Luca's for lunch or dinner one day anyway - great Italian food by the Sicilian owner

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom