Philly dive report.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mitchell Teeters

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The long awaited day to take my Pinnacle Evolution 3 drysuit on it's virgin dive finally arrived! I had made arrangements with Irishsquid to meet up and do some diving to play with my DS skills.

We met up earlier than expected, got loaded, paid, and made our way to the donning area. The temps on land were a balmy 45 degrees and we set up closest to the water which just happened to be in the shade brrrrr. The skies were clear and it was promising to be a beautiful day. Water temps on the surface at the put in were around 50F but man was the water clear! Both Irishsquid and I took our time chatting and getting to know each other. It was nice meeting someone from the boards. We suited up and got into the water. Once down at depth the viz was about 50-60ft which was nice since the entire year previously viz would be maybe 10-20 feet. Water temps were about 48f at depth throughout the quarry.

We cruised around the quarry making our way to the 70ft platform (which had always been in murk when I dove the quarry. Now it was crystal clear (relatively speaking). I wish we had more tanks but we each only brought two.

What did I learn?
  • winter diving is clearer
  • steel 72's really work well for a drysuit
  • steel 72's aren't don't shorten the dive too much (26 vs 29mins)
  • drysuit diving uses a lot of air
  • I need to learn to manage theexhaust valve (probably why I used a lot of air)
  • Irishsquid is a pretty good guy
  • maybe when someone is a butt on SB they aren't really that bad in person (inside joke)
  • I want to dive my DS more often.
  • I need to get nitrox certified
  • squeeze isn't really that bad
  • SPIT anti-fog works pretty good. (thanks Irishsquid)
  • I want some XS dry five gloves

I'm tired, but it was a good day. Hopefully Irishsquid and I can get together and do some more diving.

What did I learn?
  • winter diving is clearer (No roto-tillers braving the waters)
    03.gif
  • steel 72's really work well for a drysuit
  • steel 72's aren't don't shorten the dive too much (26 vs 29mins)
  • drysuit diving uses a lot of air (Chalk that up to DS "Newbie-ism" practice).
    icosm14.gif
  • I need to learn to manage theexhaust valve (probably why I used a lot of air)
  • Irishsquid is a pretty good guy (Damn, now I have a reputation to uphold).
    eyebrow.gif
  • Maybe when someone is a butt on SB they aren't really that bad in person (inside joke)
  • I want to dive my DS more often.
  • I need to get nitrox certified
  • squeeze isn't really that bad
  • SPIT anti-fog works pretty good. (thanks Irishsquid) (Brand name SPIT; I wasn't snucking up any loogeys).
    04.gif
  • I want some XS dry five gloves
  • I'm tired, but it was a good day. Hopefully Irishsquid and I can get together and do some more diving.
Here's the only pic from the day, during our SI; TNRonin is a happy diver!
photo (4).JPG
You betcha, Thanks for inviting me to meet up and dive. I appreciate it and had a good day diving with ya!

What did I learn?
  • Irishsquid is a pretty good guy
  • SPIT anti-fog works pretty good. (thanks Irishsquid)

Thats Jimi for you, always volunteering to spit in someones mask.:D

Thats Jimi for you, always volunteering to spit in someones mask.:D

See Mitch, I told you. Even after the quote with disclaimers. :rofl3:

How long did it take to fill the bottle? :wink:

LOL too funny

double tap

Back
Top Bottom