Photos from Barracuda Point, Sipadan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

malaysia-islands

Contributor
Reaction score
Pheww, finally I managed to resize some of the photos from the dive 2 weeks ago. I wished somebody could do the resizing and auto-leveling from me :)

As you can see, the water had considerable amount of suspended particle which reduced the overall viz. But anyway, a turtle is still a turtle, isn't it?

Enjoy the photos :)

04.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

And how can we dive without the barracudas? :)

And I thrown in photos of clown triggerfish, batfish and a moray eel for free :)

01.jpg

02.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

23.jpg

WOW Awesome nice photos.....
I love sea turtles.......HeHe

Jason Ooi:
WOW Awesome nice photos.....
I love sea turtles.......HeHe
Unfortunately I did not see that many turtles. Out of 3 dives, saw about a total of 10 turtles. Couldn't be bothered anyway because each of them was ready to be photographed anyway. It doesn't require split second decision to set the camera :)

Thanks for sharing.

So bad.....total of 10 turtles....
Sipadan should be turtle’s paradise, heavy traffic under water caused by sea turtles family.:thinkingo

malaysia-islands:
Unfortunately I did not see that many turtles. Out of 3 dives, saw about a total of 10 turtles. Couldn't be bothered anyway because each of them was ready to be photographed anyway. It doesn't require split second decision to set the camera :)

Wow...impressive pictures ! Was it a 7Mpixel you used? There's some traces of red in one or two of your shots. Did you actually tried editing already? How was the visibility? Barracuda Point; no trevallies? Grey Reefs ? Not long ago I visited the place as compared to last couple of years, the turtle population has decreased.

Last heard there were some poachers have hunted alot of the turtles in that region.

Jason, the heavy traffic may take awhile before coming back. But...definitely, there are occassion convoy of jacks, trevallies,dog-toothed, reef sharks.

dm_junkie:
Wow...impressive pictures ! Was it a 7Mpixel you used? There's some traces of red in one or two of your shots. Did you actually tried editing already? How was the visibility? Barracuda Point; no trevallies? Grey Reefs ? Not long ago I visited the place as compared to last couple of years, the turtle population has decreased.
Thanks dm_junkie! It's a 3.2MP 2-yr-old Canon A70. I'm holding on to it because Canon unfortunately never makes "the" one u/w casing for all their Powershot models. If I purchase a different model, that means purchasing different u/w casing too :(

Yes, I've done some auto-level with the pics. What more with the poor visibility and suspended particles, some photos were just worthless because of that.

I think the highest concentration of turtles is actually at the Jetty Drop Off. When I snorkeled there 3 yrs ago, I saw at least 20 of them in an hour. It is just the topographic profile at the Jetty Drop Off that has multiple ledges where turtles could hide (that means you can only see body parts of the turtle unless you dive down).

I think some divers did see the Gray Reefs but they were at about 30-m deep (same as hammerhead). My dive was only 20-m max.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom