Photos from Barracuda Point, Sipadan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stonefish,

Maybe I haven't read much about when to buy a new o-ring. It's like having a car too, I almost never care about the parts until something wrong happen :(

Anyway, anyway, I'm getting an A80 and surprisingly a new u/w housing still available at some parts in KL. This time I'll ensure the o-ring will have back-up.

By the way, do you realise that sometimes the o-ring is VERY hard to remove from the casing? Sometimes I had to use my door key or credit card to help out the process. Is there any special tool to do it? Maybe it's kind of slippery too, that's why.

Hey bro or sis,

by using door keys to get out the O rings, you are running a great risk of cutting into the O ring, snapping it. Or worse, having cut into the o ring slight, without your notice. And it might snap in the middle of a dive !

I have found a cheap ( or FOC ) o ring remover, and its available everywhere.:D
Go to MacDonald's get the coffee stirrer, I got home and filed the side to smoothen out any sharp edges . And use it with light effort to get out the O ring.

You are aware that it will be better if you store the housing with the O ring taken out rite ? grease it and keep in into a CLEAN and NEW plastic bag, away from heat and direct sunlight.

oh yes, another point. Take care not to stretch the o ring. If the O ring is stretched too much, it will not seat fittingly in the housing groove, and as a result, flooding may occur.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom