Photos from Bonaire last week -- and nothing was stolen !!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Doug Ebersole

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
As the entire continental United States continues its "deep freeze", here are some photos from Bonaire and Curacao last week. We had a great time and, unlike a lot of recent threads here, we had no problem whatsoever with theft. We did, however, stay in the gated Plaza Resort Bonaire. We then went over to Curacao for a couple of days and stayed at Scuba Lodge and dove with Dive Charter Curacao, doing a couple of dives on the east (rough) end of the island which was an adventure. Here are a few photos. I shot macro all week.

bonaire&curacaofebruary2010_img_5033a.jpg

bonaire&curacaofebruary2010_img_4765a.jpg

bonaire&curacaofebruary2010_img_4783a.jpg

bonaire&curacaofebruary2010_img_4800a.jpg

bonaire&curacaofebruary2010_img_4907a.jpg

bonaire&curacaofebruary2010_img_4937a.jpg

bonaire&curacaofebruary2010_img_5000a.jpg

Some others can be seen here:
debersole.com

Absolutely stunning! You photogs are amazing! :D Great work, keep'em coming! I'm so envious of photogs and their skills. I'm horrible with a camera and don't have near the patience.

Great shots, Doug. Especially liked the Shrimp on the Anemone and the shallow DOF fish.

Thanks, guys. All of the images were taken with a Canon 40D with a Canon 60mm lens in an Aquatica housing with dual Sea & Sea YS-250 strobes.

I was in Bonaire for a Dive Medicine meeting and my wife and I had been there multiple times. Curacao, however, was a new destination for us. We both loved it and can't wait to go back. There is more non-diving activities there such as shopping, etc for my wife and the diving was some of the best I've seen in the Caribbean, especially on the far southeastern tip of the island where we were doing 80 min drift dives. I would highly recommend Curacao Dive Charters to anyone who wants to do some "out-of-the-ordinary" Curacao diving.

Doug

Great Photo's, sounds like a great time

Awesome photos, thanks for sharing! I've been reading the burglary threads on Bonaire lately because we're going there late May/early June. Glad to hear that Plaza Resort is one of the safer places, as that's where we're going. Are they still renovating half of the resort?

Yes, they are. We had a large group (almost 100 people) and several people couldn't get the type of room they wanted, but all in all it was great. I've stayed at Plaza Resort 6 or 7 times and love it. If you haven't been there before, be sure to eat dinner one night at the Tipsy Seagull right on the water as it has beautiful sunsets. There is also a great shore dive right off the dock at Tipsy Seagull and they have tanks there for you. Have a great trip.

Ooh. Img_4907a is beautiful. I've only seen tube worms with one layer before. Do these guys close up when you get close too? Guess I need another vacation!

Which meeting were you attending? I've been to the DAN HBO and Dive Medicine course in Turks and Caicos and am looking forward to attending another in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom