Phuket Lobster Hunting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quarrior

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
A thought just came to mind. Is there lobster hunting in Phuket? Being a landlocked diver, I've never gotten a chance to try it, well except for crawfish. If there is lobster hunting, what are the rules?

Oh, yea, 18 days before arrival. :D

I don't think there are lobsters in the pacific anyway.

real lobsters???
Where you dive?

Jason Ooi:
real lobsters???
Where you dive?

Sure. And I've seen many in the South China Sea off Malaysia as well, which of course is Pacific water. It's called Panulirus versicolor or blue/painted spiny lobster. It lives throughout the tropical indo-pacific, so maybe the water is too cold where you are, Jason.

Lobsters, yes there are, however not the Atlantic type.

Please don't kill them - there's way too much poaching going on already around Phuket.
If you kill them, my only hope is that you learn what living in a Thai jail is like.

Folks I was just asking an innocent question. I even asked about the rules. Apparently it is not supposed to be done, so, I will only take their picture as I usually do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom