Phuket or Phi Phi - with young children (3.5 & 1.5yo)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Definitely Phuket.

Phi Phi is like a zoo. When night falls, all the animals come out.
There are drunk and aggressive party animals, transvestites, moonshine, prostitutes, etc.
Not somewhere I would bring my kids.
So you only stayed one night and left!
BTW, I don't think the kids could tell the difference between a drunk and a clown. And kids love ZOO!

With children I would opt for Phuket over Phi Phi, just because there is more to do and more facilities, Phi Phi is a party place so may not work for you.
Go to one of the quieter beaches not Patong, Kata is nice as is Naiharn.
Many have mentioned kids clubs, but you can also arrange a childminder on the boats too. It just depends if you want to take your children out for a full day or not. The other option is split the diving between you both and 1 dive, the other watch the children on the boat and then swop....
We arrange this for some of our guests and they are happy with this, or the childminder watching them for the hours dive each time.
Shore dives can be done from Kata and Patong area's so you are not away all day if you prefer this.

Definitely don't go to phi phi with kids.
Kata is a great choice for kids, but for something out of left field look into Ko Racha Yai.

phiphi is your destination you will love it not so crowded dive sites very clothes and amazing

phiphi is your destination you will love it not so crowded dive sites very clothes and amazing

In my experience, both the island and its dive sites are OVERcrowded. Neighbouring Koh Lanta is much more relaxed, and has access to better diving - Koh Ha and Hin Daeng/Hin Muang - as well as the Phi Phi sites.

Spent several days at Choeng Mon (Koh Samui) with my nephews (ages 3 and 5) and we all had fun! Amazing vista and very relaxing. The Kata beach has a reputation for being family friendly too.

Back
Top Bottom