Pick a Wreck for my 100th?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

October 9th and 10th are my next open weekend dates. Pick any weekday.

As a caveat. I am a little picky about who I will take to the Naeco. It is 140' to the sand. With the Proteus under your belt, you are fine, but just keep that in mind as you put together a group.

October 9th and 10th are my next open weekend dates. Pick any weekday.

As a caveat. I am a little picky about who I will take to the Naeco. It is 140' to the sand. With the Proteus under your belt, you are fine, but just keep that in mind as you put together a group.

Thanks and understood. Weekdays are not an option for me at present (due to a number of absences which were not planned) unless, of course, I end up on the layoff list which is coming in which case I am IN!

I'm a little picky about who I dive with offshore period! And even more so for the deeper wrecks. So far, I have not ended up on a boat with a bent, injured, or dead diver and I aim to keep it that way.

The Normannia is another one of my favorites, but I would try to get there on a boat out of Masonboro.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, Ken, she is one of my favorite dives also. I still have the beer bottles I got there in the 80's.
Have you dove her since your trip with me?

I agree with you, Ken, she is one of my favorite dives also. I still have the beer bottles I got there in the 80's. Have you dove her since your trip with me?

That was that last time I dove it...that was a good day, September I believe. I have been thinking about a fun day down there on Tortuga, but that is a 60 mile run. I would like to dive her again.

My favorites this summer have been the Caribsea and the Proteus, but the Proteus is simply too far out from Morehead, and the Caribsea not always easy to get to.

My favorite has been the Caribsea and I have never seen as many sharks as the last time I was on it. You are a witness to that. The Spar can be a good dive and I enjoy sharing the pilothouse with the Spadefish. The Naeco stern section was a spectacular dive with Capt. James this late summer. The water clarity was unbelievable. Definitely my second favorite.

My favorite has been the Caribsea and I have never seen as many sharks as the last time I was on it. You are a witness to that. The Spar can be a good dive and I enjoy sharing the pilothouse with the Spadefish. The Naeco stern section was a spectacular dive with Capt. James this late summer. The water clarity was unbelievable. Definitely my second favorite.

That was a good dive Frank, rollers, seasickness, and all. I forgot all of it once I saw that army of Sand Tigers. Karen and started that charter just because we hadn't been there. Well worth it.

You know, we had the same experience on the Proteus, maybe even more of them. Karen and I dropped, we had maybe 30 feet of viz, and everywhere we could see, up, down, and sideways....sharks. I looked up and grinned at her and we descended right into them.

Sorry I missed the Naeco trip. I will put that on my list.

That was that last time I dove it...that was a good day, September I believe. I have been thinking about a fun day down there on Tortuga, but that is a 60 mile run. I would like to dive her again.

I have some open weekdays for the rest of the season. We can take my boat(it's about a 35mi run out) and dive her. I still want to find one of the rum bottles intact. Call me and we'll set it up.

You DO know that it's customary to do your 100th dive ...um...nekkid! :popcorn:

You DO know that it's customary to do your 100th dive ...um...nekkid! :popcorn:

So I'm told. But if I want the marine life to hang out with us, not to mention my dive buddies, I may want to wear a suit. Plus, way too many jellies here to go commando.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom