Picking out a wetsuit is always so difficult

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll join yr search since I'm in the same predicament. I'm 6.2 275. I'm in Curacao and average water temp is around 78 degrees I'm guessing.
Oh and while we're at it I'm in the market for a BCD also, don't want to hijack this thread.

I am 6'2 and 220 lbs. What size wetsuit should I be using?
The answer is ... the one that fits you best :wink:

The wetsuit manufacturers size charts are not transferable from maker to maker, each may be a little different
So .. your going to have to try them on, or you can get measured at a local dive shop and have them send it to a manufacturer for their recomendations , or can be used to get a custom made suit

Here are some custom suit manufacturers that I've picked up here on ScubaBoard

Custom Wetsuits ...

Dive Goddess ...... Diving Skins!
Liquid Fit ............ LiquidFit.Com ~ Wetsuits That Fit Like They Were Poured On You. Suit Colors ... Color Chart
Nemo ................. Wetsuit collection for male and female from NEMO Wetsuit Bali
Otter Bay ............ Otterbaysuits.com Homepage ... Suit Colors ... Available Colors ... (can get custom ears or horns addad too)
Terrapin ............. Welcome to Terrapin Wet Suits
AquaFlite ............ Welcome to AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Skins, and parkas
Wetware ............. Welcome to Wetwear - Custom Wet Suits of Rubatex Neoprene for Scuba Diving and All Water Activities
Eagle Reef .......... Eagle Reef Custom Wetsuits - Wet Suits for scuba diving, snorkeling, surfing, and water sports!
JMJ Wetsuits ....... New Page 2
Exceed Extreme ... EXCEED* Extreme Wetsuits and Rashguards for Men and Women

I would reccomend looking at Bare. Not only are their suits well made for a reasonable price, but they have a very wide selection of sizes. Check out their sizing charts at BARE Sportswear Corp. You will find the size that fits.

The other option is a custom made suit. I've never had one, so I can't reccomend a source for that.

Mountain Dog

There is only one important factor after you choose how thick of a suit you want...
How it fits you. Size charts will get you close but you should try the suit on before you buy.
my 2psi
See you topside! John

I would recommend looking at Bare.

I second Bare...if you buy from Leisure Pro they have a "Pressure-Free Fit" warranty and they will let you exchange until it fits.

Cheers.

-J.-

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom