Pic's from ~2 weeks ago

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks to everyone for the comments & kudos.

In the interest of saving money, I tried to do as much myself as possible- designed & built/bought the tray & arm parts, boiught an older strobe on Craigs List, and used an HW adapter to convert the camera flash to strobe TTL.
Total $$ was about $300 for the strobe addition shown.

Camera: Canon A720IS, Housing: Canon WP-DC16, Strobe: Sea & Sea YS-90TTL w/ Nikonos cable, HW Digital Adapter, Fantasea Nano Focus Light, Arm/Tray Parts/Material: McMaster Carr

I put some pic's of the setup in this gallery;

Nice work! Tray looks great! Pix are good! Talk about bang for the buck.:cool2:
Very impressive. You obviously have more patience than I'll ever have.

Well done! Doubly so with a DIY rig! You got a lot more than your money's worth with that. Did you do any post-production on the stills with Photoshop, etc., and how did you do it?
Thanks.
As for post-processing, I typically add a "c" to an image name that's cropped, "a" to adjusted images, "ac" is both. My adjustments for these are only a little tweak to brightness/contrast and some cropping. No color balance, etc.- I guess that's further evidence that the strobe is helping my results. Also my lack of time to work on them... I use Photoshop 6.0 (in a very limited manner).

Great Pics! In fact, looking at some of the underwater shots, then the pic of your camera setup, and then the pictures of family and possibly yourself, I think we dove with you with Blue Magic. I remember asking you about your setup and camera, as you have the same strobe I have, and also the TTL HW conversion which I need for my Olympus 5060. The shot of the stubby anemone looks much like the same one I shot just before you, and then we started our ascent....although I could be wrong!
Nice job on the DIY strobe, and the shots!

Hi George- yup, that was me qued-up for the next shot of that cool anemone!
We seem to have the same preferences in diving, as well as pictures and subjects. Looking through your galleries, I see many of the same things, scenes, etc. that I shoot at! Nice pic's!
'Good diving with you- see ya 'round.

Holy cow! Those were some great shots! I have just started dabbling in underwater photography, and if my shots ever get to looking like these, I'll be a happy camper. Thanks for sharing :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom