Picture for certification card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

purbeast

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am filling out my forms and now I need to take the picture and it's telling me that I need to take a pic of my head and shoulders and to be approximately 1 3/4" by 2 1/4". So I took a picture and used Gimp to crop out a rectangle that size, and that aspect ratio just looks odd and it shows more like my head and chest and doesn't even show my full shoulders since I have broad shoulders.

How exactly is this picture supposed to be taken and cropped? I tried googling but did not have much luck.

Or take the easy route. I popped into an AAA store and had them take it. They provide 2 photos. If you happen to be an AAA member, they give you a discount.

So the photo is basically the same as a passport? That's not really what the description sounds like since it says to have shoulders. My passport photo is pretty much just my head with maybe some of my neck/traps. Maybe that is where my confusion comes in?

Just try the photo tool and see what you get. Better than nuttin' and it's FREE! :wink:

So the photo is basically the same as a passport?

The same. I took one of the 2 photos I had to Mexico when I got my AOW and the other to Grand Cayman 2 months later (don't even know why I took it other than it just happened to be in my stuff from previous trip) which came in handy because on the spur of the moment I got the Enriched Air certification.

Okay cool I'll just use the passport guide then.

I just didn't want to print this out and then they don't accept it or something lol.

I overthink and overresearch EVERYthing.

I overthink and overresearch EVERYthing.

Hahaha, me too, almost to a fault:p.... Are you by chance an engineer?

Don't worry, you're amongst fellow over-thinker friends.

Back
Top Bottom