Picture for certification card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay cool I'll just use the passport guide then.

I just didn't want to print this out and then they don't accept it or something lol.

I overthink and overresearch EVERYthing.

The shop I got certified at took a camera from the dive shop, stood me against a white wall and took my picture. Looked like crap. Probably didn't meet the guidelines. I'm pretty sure PADI just went, "Cheque cleared, picture looks fine to me."

They must've changed something. In 2005 (OW) and 2006 (AOW) at 2 different shops (and countries), the shops took my picture right in the shop. For my MSD (2008) card I provided my own and used that one also for DM (2011). But that was because I wanted a better picture. Don't shops take the picture anymore? Do you send in your own application now for OW cert.? Guess I'm a dinosaur.

They must've changed something. In 2005 (OW) and 2006 (AOW) at 2 different shops (and countries), the shops took my picture right in the shop. For my MSD (2008) card I provided my own and used that one also for DM (2011). But that was because I wanted a better picture. Don't shops take the picture anymore? Do you send in your own application now for OW cert.? Guess I'm a dinosaur.
Yeah I did my checkout dives for OW and AOW in Grand Cayman and they filled out the back of the forms and I fill out the front then mail it in. The front has a spot for you to attach a picture. I'll just follow passport guidelines and do it that way.

Is there a standard card you get for the certifications? Googling and looking on PADI's website it looks like there are a variety of types, however there is no option to pick the design unless you pay $10 to get a Project Aware one that has a whale or shark on it.

Shop just took a picture of me for both OW and AOW, nine years ago. I had passport photos on hand, though, for other reasons (entry into certain countries); they went unused.

I got my picture taken by the instructor with his Samsung phone in front of the building that we dove out of. I don’t think cameras or physical print photos are needed anymore.

I do lots of cert photos for pic online.
I take with my phone.
Head only.
Size to 640 px high 480 px wide.
No hats, no glasses on head, no sunglasses.
Upload size as jpeg is around 200k
Padi never rejected one.

I have a physical form that I have to mail in as I mentioned. One side was filled out by the instructors and one side was filled out by me. Is there someway I can just do this form online instead of mailing in a physical form? That would make it a bit easier instead of having to print out pictures and mail stuff in. This is the only way I know about it though as that is what I received after I did my course and dives.

For my last cert the instructor took the pic and sent it and the cert data to PADI electronically. That was the photo that PADI had on file. I got a replacement card and PADI asked if the photo they had was what I wanted on my replacement card. If not I could send another picture. I took a selfie and sent it in. That's what is on my replacement MSD card. Does anyone ever look at the pictures. I have a card that I got in 1986 and the picture doesn't look anything like me (unlike my avatar). Someone actually looked at it and couldn't believe it was me. I keep it for sentimental reasons. :)

Cheers -

I have a physical form that I have to mail in as I mentioned. One side was filled out by the instructors and one side was filled out by me. Is there someway I can just do this form online instead of mailing in a physical form? That would make it a bit easier instead of having to print out pictures and mail stuff in. This is the only way I know about it though as that is what I received after I did my course and dives.
The instructor (or shop) prepays for the certification card by purchasing a paper PIC to mail in, or an eCard PIC. Only a shop/instructor can upload an electronic verification, not a customer. If you have a paper PIC, then that is the paid paperwork and you just complete and submit the form.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom