Picture for certification card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The instructor (or shop) prepays for the certification card by purchasing a paper PIC to mail in, or an eCard PIC. Only a shop/instructor can upload an electronic verification, not a customer. If you have a paper PIC, then that is the paid paperwork and you just complete and submit the form.
Thanks for clarifying. Yeah I already paid my cert fees so I guess I just have to go the physical route.

Use someone else's head and shoulders and see if anyone notices

perhaps they'll notice the shoulders

The Project Aware cert. card cost $5 in 2007 when I didn't get it. Now it's $10, so I guess inflation has doubled since then.....

The shop I got certified at took a camera from the dive shop, stood me against a white wall and took my picture. Looked like crap. Probably didn't meet the guidelines. I'm pretty sure PADI just went, "Cheque cleared, picture looks fine to me."

Mine was on a boat with a nice view in the background.

For my OW, I had to supply a pic. Went to a booth at the mall for that one, if I recall correctly.

By the time I did AOW, things were more online, and my LDS took the photo and just resuses the photo that they have on file. Once in a while they ask if I want to update the photo. The only time I bothered getting a new one was after I had LASIK surgery and have the photo without my glasses for any subsequent cards.

Not sure anyone ever looks at the photo anyway... When my daughter was 8 years old, she did PADI's Seal Team program, and that involves a card. The shop erred on that one, and attached my photo instead. PADI mailed out a Seal Team card for an eight year old girl with a photo of a 40-something year old man on it.I eventually got corrected, but we still have the first card...

Not sure anyone ever looks at the photo anyway... When my daughter was 8 years old, she did PADI's Seal Team program, and that involves a card. The shop erred on that one, and attached my photo instead. PADI mailed out a Seal Team card for an eight year old girl with a photo of a 40-something year old man on it.I eventually got corrected, but we still have the first card...
That's a great story!

I have a card that I got in 1986 and the picture doesn't look anything like me (unlike my avatar). Someone actually looked at it and couldn't believe it was me. I keep it for sentimental reasons. :)

Cheers -

Awesome! I've got my original 1985 c-card for similar reasons. I showed my boss the picture on it and once he stopped laughing he said I looked like I was 12.....

For the record, I was 19.

And 37 when I showed the boss.

At 52, I look more like your avatar than either the 19 or 37 year old me....

Just checked the card in my wallet. Head and a bit of my shoulders. Essentially the full head and a small margin around it that picks up part of the shoulders near my neck. Think it may be a passport photo. Not sure.

I sometimes use a C card of mine that dates back to 1972. The picture is of a much younger me from nearly a half century ago. I like to see the reaction I get. It has never been refused.

That's a great story!
I bet somewhere, somewhen, PADI knowingly issued such a card when a parent didn't want their minor child's image documented with their name.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom