Pictures from Hatteras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RAD Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We went out last weekend with Capt. JT on board the "Under Pressure" & as always a totally enjoyable weekend.

P5230082.JPG

P5230076.JPG

P5230088.JPG

P5230059.JPG

P5230063.JPG

My wife Trina in her doubles for the 1st time off a boat.

P5230083.JPG

oh, very nice

what's the nice puppy in the first two pics?

That would be a couple of Sandtiger Sharks. Probably 8fters.

They have been known to follow my wife like puppies, but I tend to bother them too much so they stay a good distance from me.

very nice!

If you notice on the 2nd picture , the pectoral fins are down.
I was trying to get a straight on shot & it did not appreciate me floating up in front of it. LOL
Of course you don't see any of that through the viewfinder. Luckily.

I LOVE diving in NC.

What wrecks were you on? Sort of looks like the Dixie Arrow.

I think that first picture was the F.W. Abrams, a tanker virtually identical to the Dixie Arrow. They were built by the same shipyard less than a year apart, had roughly the same length and beam and were sunk only a few miles and months apart. The Dixie Arrow was sunk in March of 1942 (torpedoed by the U-71) while the Abrams accidently sailed into the Hatteras mine field and sank in June of 1942.

The Dixie Arrow is further out in the Gulf Stream and usually has better visibility while the Abrams is closer to shore. A nice day is a dive on both.

I like both wrecks.

Bobby, Trina and I dived the Abrams on Sunday when it was a rough day. Trina did REALLY well in those doubles...

Andy

Actually the pictures are all from the British Splendour.
I forgot the camera on the Abrams on the 1st dive Sunday & the vis was so low & the top side conditions had gotten so bad I didn't bring it on the 2nd.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom