piece of junk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemrod:
Anything made by--er--gag--gag--cough---gag---vomit--gag--Tusa. Oh, and might I add the previous fad in fins--VENT and any vented fin. Splits are the current fad, between splits and vents, I take the splits. Why put a huge hole in your fin? No one has ever prooven a benefit of vents, their just pure styling. The new ScubaPro vented Split---now that is covering all bases--does that come with any springs or valves to increase torque? N

TUSA makes some great products in my opinion, especially in what I call the "soft goods" categories like fins, masks, snorkels, gloves, booties, some BCDs, etc. I have always used their products with very much satisfaction. I do not like any manufacturer's split fins for the record, especially for use in open ocean current.

Night Diver:
Those little tank knockers that they sell with a plastic ball mounted on a piece of low-quality surgical tubing to go around your tank. I never owned one but whenever I see anyone try to use one the tubing breaks. And they don't make any noise to speak of either.

Hey, you did say "junk."

Agreed... mine broke quickly, but then I dive solo so who did I think was there to hear it in the first place?

ve used jets and old Mares power plana graphite, the power planas rock. I still use them after 25 years.

mdb:
Farallon Decomputer circa 1975. On one dive to 170 FSW with three divers all using new Decomputers they each were radically different. This long gone device earned the nickname "Decomposer".

I had one, it lasted about as long as a 5 dollar bill today.

MaxBottomtime:
The only piece of gear I ever regretted buying was the Dacor RIG bc. The integrated weight pouches were held on only by Velcro. I lost two pouches.

My BC has intigrated weight pouches that are held on by Velcro and I haven't lost a punch in 2 years. the only thing I hate about that BC is it has an EXTREMLY small pocket on the straps that go around my belly. It can't hold a thing. I have everything dangling from my BC.

I also hate the masks that have the purge in the nose (for a flooded mask.) those have no purpuse when you can easly clear your mask by pushing on the top and blowing the water out. I learned that when I was 9. Then when I got cirtified (a year or 2 later) I cleared my mask so quiqly that my intructer didn't think that I had put any water in it. so he grabed the mask and pulled it so that he knew that there was water in it and I cleared it just as fast. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom