piece of junk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

About 14 months ago, I gave away a nearly new Big Eye mask on SB. First PM got the mask. I received about six replies. Leaked on the first and last dive(they were the same) and was a general nuisance.

Tom Smedley:
Completely leaving current and Boyle's law (flat balls at 60 feet) out of the picture you released a ball at depth and followed it up.

This alone would make it #1 on my list of things to avoid.......:D :rofl3:

Tusa Dive computer, put my son at 80 feet when sitting on the boat then into deco. Crazy alarms for no apparent reason. Then locked up! Returned for credit as it only had 6 dives on it.

Wheight Belts. I only used it when I first got cirtified (2002). never used it again. My first BC was intagrated wheights.

scubapro50:
...what is (or was) the biggest piece of junk you have every had the misfortune of diving with...

I hate my jacket-style BC (Scubapro Classic) and really would like to get something else.

It's embarrassing to think about how much time I spent researching before I bought it; and still ended up with something that now seems terrible. This is a good example of how valuable experience is compared to every other kind of learning. At the time it was considered pretty good, and the construction seems to be good, but it's the design that's the problem. It flops around and is uncomfortably constrictive at the same time. How can that be?!? The pockets are practically useless; I think I've only been able to get the velcro flap open about three times with my gloves on. The cumberbund was nothing but cumbersome, but at least that came off easily.

divemaster_jim:
Force Fins,
Bought them on a spur of the moment thing.
Using them is kinda like riding a stationary bike,
You pedal your *** off and get no where.

What'choo talkin' 'bout, Willis?

scubapro50:
Got a piece of equipment you love to hate ... post it here and warn other divers to stay away from it on ebay ....

Those wrist mounted flip-a-page dive slates.

I wont call Jacket BC's junk , but having had several, I now prefer BP/W.
--

krcollins:
Those wrist mounted flip-a-page dive slates.

Interesting, I love mine. I dive with new buddies all the time so I find them quite useful. I also have a horrible memory so I write down psi, dive buddy names, etc.

I realize we're resurrecting a very old thread but I also saw a post about Nimrod hating the Aeris Velocity Fins, I've really liked mine. I've dove with quite a few different buddies and it always let me keep up nicely with a frogkick or really scoot with normal flutter kick (off the bottom obviously). Granted I've never dove anything else but it seems to move me around just fine, I can even pull off a crappy backwards kick (whatever you call that kick).

mempilot:
The classic SP Jets are vented. I wouldn't trade them for any other fin on the market, old or new.
I still own (and use) my "hard rubber" Jet Fins purchased in 1968 .... if we had a thread about equipment that never wears out they would be at the top of my list. I've seen a lot of copies of their design that didn't hold up or worked as well and today we think of these "knockoffs" as junk ......

TxHockeyGuy:
Interesting, I love mine. I dive with new buddies all the time so I find them quite useful. I also have a horrible memory so I write down psi, dive buddy names, etc.

I used it mostly for communicating with buddy. Buddy couldn't read upside down, I certainly couldn't write upside down, and I got tired of contortioning my arm, so I switched to wet notes held in my right ds pocket. For me it was one of those things that looked like a good idea on the LDS shelf but didn't work so well in practice.

I thought of another one.....Sea Life Reefmaster DS 310. Never could keep the water out of that darn thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom