piece of junk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubapro50:
I just posted a thread about really great diving gear that has held up over time .... this is the flip side and I want to know what is (or was) the biggest piece of junk you have every had the misfortune of diving with. I think the SCUBAPRO DECO METER was the worst peice of gear I ever owned. It earned the nickname "bend-o-matic" because it was so off on so many dives .................... Got a piece of equipment you love to hate ... post it here and warn other divers to stay away from it on ebay ....

Farallon Decomputer circa 1975. On one dive to 170 FSW with three divers all using new Decomputers they each were radically different. This long gone device earned the nickname "Decomposer".

My father's Tekna regulator aka "the widowmaker" nothing like a regulator designed to fail closed!

The SeaQuest BCs that were the rental units when I got certified. The lovely brown color of faded and chlorinated material.

The underwater laser pointer. What idiot talked me into wasting money on that piece o' junk?

The "console" that came with my Oceanic Versa Pro. Thin stylish metal that bent way too easy. (replaced with Aeris console that ROCKS!)

Wristshot

the sherwood reg, as it fell apart while i was at approx 20-25 feet deep, one nice deep breath of air, then the next was one nice deep mouth full of saltwater, as i went to octo ishie and i picked up the parts off the ocean floor, oh ya......... that was the end of that dive!!!!!!!!!! :11:

My first mask with the built in twin snorkels that had ping pong balls in the cage doohickeys, that were supposed to keep everything from flooding when you submerged. More deadly than lawn darts !

the worst idea ever, mesh tank covers.

The new St. Moritz Neros watch, I am on my third watch

but I could add a couple of dive buddies to the list.

I know this is reviving and ooooold thread - but I'm curious.... why?

I didn't buy one - but I thought about it. Don't they protect the tank?

Do they make it hard to get the tank straps on and off?

you know it's a "piece of equipment junk" when they try to give it away and I won't take it ....... just had a diving buddy try to give me a regulator that looked like it had sat on the "BOTTOM OF THE SEA" for about 50 years ...... looked so bad I wouldn't even use it as a paperweight ...... my desk all ready looks too junked up as it is.

Force Fins,
Bought them on a spur of the moment thing.
Using them is kinda like riding a stationary bike,
You pedal your *** off and get no where.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom