Pin Fasteners?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

benha

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone know a source for "pin fasteners" (or what they're called so I can google around for them)? I tried McMaster but couldn't find what I'm looking for.

If I'm not making sense, some mfgrs offer loops and clips and things that you can attach to the fabric of your BC by putting a pin through it and then into a back-plate that holds the pin. I'm just looking for a fastener I can stick through two layers of fabric stuff (BC and webbing) to secure it in place.

Thanks!

Perhaps pop rivets? Although the ones I’ve used didn’t hold up to salt water well and had to be periodically replaced. I understand they are now available in stainless steel. Also for fabric, consider adding a couple of small SS washers.

Anyone know a source for "pin fasteners" (or what they're called so I can google around for them)? I tried McMaster but couldn't find what I'm looking for.

If I'm not making sense, some mfgrs offer loops and clips and things that you can attach to the fabric of your BC by putting a pin through it and then into a back-plate that holds the pin. I'm just looking for a fastener I can stick through two layers of fabric stuff (BC and webbing) to secure it in place.
Thanks!

If you're talking about the retractors, clips, etc. sold by Cetacia (sp?), they're just molded plastic parts with a very thin thumbwheel screw with a needle point.

AFAIK, it's a completely custom molded piece and you can't buy it as a generic part, although if you need a few, a dealer could probably order some.

Terry

How about brass gromets and sex bolts? You can get gromets and the installation tool at most any hardware or home supply store and yes they are really called sex bolts, McMaster has them. Any dive shop that carries Zeagle or Dive Rite will have plastic ones. I use these for several purposes on my BC.

I think I know what you’re talking about. The thingieys (google that one) I got for BC knife mount. A sort of plastic wheeled (double ended) nut and bolt thing?
If I could find my Diving Receipts file…I could find a name….

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom