Pines Wreck near Sebastian Inlet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

included a TONNE of sand, with a few arrow crabs and mantis shrimp thrown in. I would love to know the location of any wrecks out there, ESPECIALLY if they can be swum out to from shore.

BTW, welcome to the best board, Scuba or otherwise on the net. I hope you learn as much and meet as many great people as I have. Dive often, but dive safe!

The pines wreck is just north of 27 50.058N 80 26.046W.The cordinate there are of the El Capitan Wreck. The wreck is supposed to have coins and other artifacts!IT also has two reefs. 1st reef is 20' from shore in 3 to 6 feet water. 2nd reef is 200' off the beach in 10 to 20". Seven tenths of a mile north of the pines wreck is the monster whole which holds huge lobsters! The hole is 20 feet deep on edges and 30 feet in the middle. currunts are coming in and out of the inlet is a little problem!

of the inlet is the wreck. The dive I mentioned was just north of the inlet in @ 30 ft of water, maybe a half mile off of shore and 1/4 mile north of the jetty. I was with a student at the time, and his SAC was NOT the best. I think I surfaced with 2500 psi to his 500. He was a tad stressed, but we could never figure over what. The surf was fairly calm and water was nice... he was a tad light for the ocean, and that may have been it. I would love to dive the inlet during that ripping tide if it weren't for all of the fishermen.

in that ripping current. They could accidentally strip you of your mask or even worse... your bathing suit! :whoa: :tease: Not to mention the possibility of having to remove barbed hooks from various parts of your body. Fishermen and divers don't mix too well.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom