Pinnacle... a running joke in my local shops

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I own a 5mm ME wetsuit. It is a pre Zeagle Pinnacle merger suit. From what I have heard there has been a number of complaints of the suits produced after the merger. There was an issue with the zipper as mentioned above and the sizes were all off from suit to suit. If you had two larges of the same exact suit theres a good chance they aren't the same dimensions. That being said I have had nothing but good things to say about my suit. Really durable and warm. However on the new (Tempo) suits the merino lining isn't throughout the entire suit. Its only in the core area. In the old suits its throughout the entire suit. Also that line they told you about the king sizing is a bunch of BS. The king sizing has been around for atleast 5 years because I almost bought one when I was looking for a suit. Its far from a new size.

is there a issue getting a suit custom fit to your size, i got one from my gear supplier here in india, for my daughter. custom fit, didn't cost me a bomb either

PS
Was the issue getting a suit or discussing pinnacle ? :confused:

If you're only thinking it will fit because the size chart looks right, but haven't actually been able to try it, I wouldn't count on it. You're liable to finally get your hands on one and discover it really doesn't fit. Wetsuits are like that. Maybe get a custom suit and be done with it.

Dear Morf999:

My name is Corey Gordon; I’m the owner and product designer at Pinnacle. Thank you for your comment, I am sorry to hear of your difficulty in sourcing one of our King suits.
The Tempo 3 King 1 is in stock and available to ship; I have a suit on hold for you at the Pinnacle warehouse. Please contact Damien at Pinnacle on 925 606 8300 and he’ll arrange to ship this via your preferred retailer.
At Pinnacle we are passionate about thermal protection and making our customers comfortable while enjoying the underwater world. It’s heartwarming to read such positive comments about our product and its performance which inspires us to continue developing and innovating.
The last couple of years have been challenging to say the least and we are not looking to blame anybody for the situation except ourselves. We started Pinnacle in 2003 and over six years, and a lot of hard work, built a successful business. In February 2011, after we terminated the distributor agreement with Zeagle, we walked back into an empty warehouse. As difficult as it was, we decided to start again. This has given us the opportunity to re-establish the values that Pinnacle was built on. For years we listened to the market and our customers to develop product to satisfy their needs, the King sizing is just one example of this.

For the past year while rebuilding our operation we have been listening and developing and will launch some very exciting new products over the next few months.
To all our loyal Pinnacle customers, I want to thank you for your support over the years and to let you know that the team here at Pinnacle is committed to bringing you the best quality thermal protection products for many years to come.

Yours Sincerely,

Corey Gordon and the Pinnacle Team

Great response Corey and Pinnacle. Love to see manufacturers communicating with the public!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for stepping up to the plate Corey / Pinnacle Team .

Pinnacle is my suit of choice since my first Seal suit back in 2005 . I now own three suits including Black Ice Drysuit .

The dive industry is a tough business these days and I am glad you guys have weathered the storm .

From what I have read it would appear the folks who knock Pinnacle do not use , or have not tried the product , I have not heard complaints from Pinnacle owners other than zipper issues that could and does happen to all manufacture'rs.

love the merino , coldwater Lloyd

I have two merino evolution suits. A three mil and a five mil. The three is now about five years old and starting to really show it's age. So much that I replaced it at DEMA with a custom from another mfg. I did get to talk someone from Pinnacle at dema. Do not remember who. Nice guys but I will say that on suggestion I made did not seem to generate much interest. Not major redesign but a simple request that would drastically increase function of the wetsuit line. A line of suits, from the factory, with decent thigh pockets already installed. I have glued pockets on a total of five suits now for.myself and my gf because only the custom mfg's offer them. I will never buy another wetsuit from anyone that does not have the option to get pockets with it at a reasonable.cost. The tech and rec, after they have been around a bit, communities realize that most bc pockets suck. If pinnacle.would.offer this option as a standard feature they would not be able to keep.the suits in stock.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, second what Jim said. I have a 7mm ME and really like it. I have a pocket and glue ready to go but always get nervous, I really don't want to buy another suit right now.

I have two merino evolution suits. A three mil and a five mil. The three is now about five years old and starting to really show it's age. So much that I replaced it at DEMA with a custom from another mfg. I did get to talk someone from Pinnacle at dema. Do not remember who. Nice guys but I will say that on suggestion I made did not seem to generate much interest. Not major redesign but a simple request that would drastically increase function of the wetsuit line. A line of suits, from the factory, with decent thigh pockets already installed. I have glued pockets on a total of five suits now for.myself and my gf because only the custom mfg's offer them. I will never buy another wetsuit from anyone that does not have the option to get pockets with it at a reasonable.cost. The tech and rec, after they have been around a bit, communities realize that most bc pockets suck. If pinnacle.would.offer this option as a standard feature they would not be able to keep.the suits in stock.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

At the minimum, and this is where Pinnacle would really shine, is a velcro patch and modular pockets that a diver could use different size pockets, or go w/o. Simply sell the WS with the patch, and if the end user wants pockets they buy them. Simple as that. I would buy a Pinnacle WS in a heart beat (I a happy Evolution III DS user FWIW), if it has the ability to attach pockets. Here is a golden opportunity to set yourself apart, develop a more versatile WS and gain a serious following. HTH

Back
Top Bottom