Piranha RUBBER UltraFlex hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

McJosh13

Registered
Reaction score
I can't find any reviews/information about Piranha's UltraFlex Rubber Hoses. I would think with all the issues being reported with miflex hoses currently, and people consequently going back to rubber hoses, these would have recieved more attention. I have found their regular rubber hoses to be of high quality.

Does anyone have any experience with these?
Ultraflex Hoses

They are listed with higher working pressure/bust pressure then the regular rubber hoses and are pretty cheap as well.

I can't find any reviews/information about Piranha's UltraFlex Rubber Hoses. I would think with all the issues being reported with miflex hoses currently, and people consequently going back to rubber hoses, these would have recieved more attention. I have found their regular rubber hoses to be of high quality.

Does anyone have any experience with these?
Ultraflex Hoses

They are listed with higher working pressure/bust pressure then the regular rubber hoses and are pretty cheap as well.
I have one on an alternate. Very nice, good buy. It will be a few years before I can tell you how reliable it is.

No complaints here! While they do bend much easier, they resist kinking and abrasion well.
I use their double braided hose for my spg's and long hose...so far so good.
Only a couple dozen dives on them but I will report any gear issues on SB.

Piranha states that they are lighter in addition to being more flexible and having a higher pressure rating... Makes me question how they achieved this. Perhaps they used the same principles as a miflex (polyurethane core tube) and then used a rubber surround instead of the braiding.

Piranha states that they are lighter in addition to being more flexible and having a higher pressure rating... Makes me question how they achieved this. Perhaps they used the same principles as a miflex (polyurethane core tube) and then used a rubber surround instead of the braiding.

The one I bought is a little fatter than, say, an Halcyon hose. The Halcyon is fatter in price.

According to Randy at Piranha, they are solid rubber, made of a different rubber that is more flexible. Interesting, I will order a couple to try out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom