Pit bull coming at me, owner screaming "Vicious NO"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
All this training and conditioning for the family pet to behave in an acceptable way boggles my mind. The family dog should not want to gobble up the toddler when you leave the room. He should be delightful to be around and want to please me as part of his basic nature. I recognize this basic temperment when I see it.

I, too, am really amazed at the outwardly intelligent people who don't seem to grasp some very basic genetic principles and see the selection process of these dogs in a more realistic way. Mania, your mother might be a geneticist but I am not sure if much was imparted to you. Oren's opinions about dogs and the denial of breed temperments and aggression defies credibilty, in my view as well. I want to emphasize again, that it does not make me dislike anyone and it has been an interesting thread.
I'll take the high road on this one. :D

see, if you were an outwardly intelligent person who can't seem to grasp some
very basic genetic principles and see the selection process of these dogs
in a more realistic way, you'd know that even as early as the late 15th
century, or perhaps even as late as the early 16th century, pit bulls were
outlawed in most of the civilized world (and parts of Kentucky) due to the
inate ability of these beings to conjure forth demons, hex pregenant women,
and tempt saintly men with visions of bloodlust.

or something...

:wink:

over my head Andy. Remember, I am a simple girl. if I am on your jury, you would need to shorten the sentences.

LOL

trust me, if you were in my jury, you'd be able to follow along =)

i was teasing you because you can be a bit inflamatory and not notice it.

reasonable people can disagree, and that doesn't make one of them dumb or
anything... they just disagree.

notice that i'm not the one making the coments about anyone's intelligence...
that seems to be your theme... which is ok... just expect to get some
ribbing back =)

i'm quite happy disagreeing with you without calling you names :wink:

NO ANDY. read back, Oren called me unintelligent waaaaay back. anyway, somebody did. I actually welcome that from some people. I like Oren. I like debating Oren. The truth is I am amazed that people that seem really smart...okay are smart, don't agree with me. :huh: And as far as being inflammatory, and "not knowing it" it is easier just to say what you think if you are going to all this effort to post. And, you are nicer these days, I've noticed, BTW.

Why is Oren fun for me?....because he could be right.

H2Andy:
LOL

trust me, if you were in my jury, you'd be able to follow along =)

i was teasing you because you can be a bit inflamatory and not notice it.

reasonable people can disagree, and that doesn't make one of them dumb or
anything... they just disagree.

notice that i'm not the one making the coments about anyone's intelligence...
that seems to be your theme... which is ok... just expect to get some
ribbing back =)

i'm quite happy disagreeing with you without calling you names :wink:

Hey, are you calling her the "B" word in a backhanded way? :D

*Kidding!!*

H2Andy:
see, if you were an outwardly intelligent person who can't seem to grasp some
very basic genetic principles and see the selection process of these dogs
in a more realistic way, you'd know that even as early as the late 15th
century, or perhaps even as late as the early 16th century, pit bulls were
outlawed in most of the civilized world (and parts of Kentucky) due to the
inate ability of these beings to conjure forth demons, hex pregenant women,
and tempt saintly men with visions of bloodlust.

or something...

:wink:

yeahbut.. :)

Humuhumunukunukuapua'a:
mania - it's an interesting story, but it doesn't support the idea that some breeds are not more predisposed to attack than others.

Sure, you can make any dog dangerous if you treat them badly enough. That doesn't mean that some dogs aren't more predisposed to aggression because of their breeding.

Y'all keep losing sight of the real discussion, which is whether pit bulls as a breed are pre-disposed to dog aggression. They are. Everyone in this thread that knows anything about dogs agrees with that. Every link that has been posted to other reputable sources supports this claim.

I don't know why people can't handle the idea that some qualities are inherent to the animal, and are not a result of environment. You can breed seedless watermelon. You can breed hybrid tulips. You can breed tiny little toy dogs that sit on little pillows even though generations ago, they were wolves.

So, accept it, people. You CAN breed a dog with dog-aggressive tendencies simply by selecting those dogs with aggressive qualities over many generations of breeding. Pit bulls are the result of that effort.

This is not one of those "gray area" debates, despite some of your best efforts. Pit bulls were bred to be aggressive to other dogs, and it worked. End of story.

Don't forget about the furniture aggression problem.

haha. nice. my sister bought this Landrover that cost a lot of bank, leather seats and all. She leaves her golden lab in the rig the first day she has it and he did that to ALL the seats in the entire rig!......did I mention Labs are boneheads?....friendly, loveable, but boneheads. oops, never mind. See, an Aussie would just never do that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom