Place to find current water temps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

we are in Bonaire now-have been here since Jan 4. I have consistently gotten 79 degrees. I am wearing a long sleeved rash guard, bathing suit,a Henderson 5mm suit, a 2mm full jacket and a 2.5mm beanie-I am warm for 70 minutes, but ready to get out and be in the sun at the end of the dive. I try to have a dry bathing suit and rash guard for the second dive. my wife(who is colder natured) is wearing the same plus a 2mm sleeveless vest.

It is colder than usual and much more wind, but still beautiful. If you are boat diving-bring a wind breaker.
Vann Evans
A4 Sand Dollar

Agree with Vann. Our temp readings across three weeks were predominantly 79, with an occasional 78. I get cold and was OK in a 5mm suit; my wife was fine in a 3mm and my daughter was ok in a 3 plus a vest.

You guys need to start warming the water up for me... I'll take 82 degrees

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Anyone in Bonaire right now that can give the temps? I'm sitting at 2 weeks before my trip....seesub is showing 57F right this minute... I know that it's a bit off (or i hope!)

Anyone in Bonaire right now that can give the temps? I'm sitting at 2 weeks before my trip....seesub is showing 57F right this minute... I know that it's a bit off (or i hope!)

Water er temps have been running in general at 79F. We did have an 81 yesterday at a sight in the North in the Park. Hubby has been wearing Lavacore top, 3 mm Farmer John and Lavacore Hood. I have been Ok with Lavacore suit and Lavacore Hood, however after 90 min, I am ever so slightly, however, not uncomfortable chilled. I do have a 3mm Shorty if I want.

My Mares dive computer and my GF's Gekko computer both read 81 degF for all 18 dives over the past week on Bonaire. There were a few 82 deg readings but those were shallow water. 40 feet and thereabouts, plan on 81.

I wore my diveskin + hood the first day, but was too cool the latter half of those dives so I switched to my 3mm suit the rest of the week and was fine...

We dove 2/8-2/14 and saw temps at 79 every time I looked.

Evidently my wife and I are wimps as we wore our full 5mm suits the whole time...and still ended up a bit chilly on the second/third dive of the day. The wind was whipping every day. Sitting outside for dinner in the evenings in jeans and a short sleeve shirt we got a tad bit chilly a couple nights. I actually saw an older gentlemen walking down the sidewalk in long pants and a sweater one night.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom