Places to buy U/W photo gear on island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

papanano

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good place to buy U/W photography gear on Cozumel? Especially Sea&Sea strobes

The island is absolutely the least desirable place to purchase photo equipment if not the absolute worst. Limited selection, typically outdated selection, as much as 50% higher in price for "last year's model", plus we have a 16% sales tax here. Locals don't even buy this type of thing here.

I recommend checking with Reef Photo in Florida Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros
or
B & H Photo B&H Photo Video Digital Cameras, Photography, Camcorders
OR
Scubatoys Scuba Equipment Dive Gear Best Prices - Scubatoys

I have had excellent experiences with selection, customer service and pricing from all three of the above.

Good luck!

Thank you for the response. The problem is we are going to be there on the 24th and I don't get paid until the 23rd so I can't order one in time. Normally I would use our local place optical ocean sales but we will be gone before he opens

Thank you for the response. The problem is we are going to be there on the 24th and I don't get paid until the 23rd so I can't order one in time. Normally I would use our local place optical ocean sales but we will be gone before he opens

I needed a new strobe synch cord so I ordered it from Backscatter on-line and am having it shipped to a SB member who is coming down in a few days. Depending on how long you are here for, and the size of your package, maybe something like that is an option?

I needed a new strobe synch cord so I ordered it from Backscatter on-line and am having it shipped to a SB member who is coming down in a few days. Depending on how long you are here for, and the size of your package, maybe something like that is an option?
The size of his package? :D

---------- Post added December 19th, 2015 at 09:27 AM ----------

You don't have a credit card? Buy now, pay later is the American Way! :D

The size of his package? :D

---------- Post added December 19th, 2015 at 09:27 AM ----------

You don't have a credit card? Buy now, pay later is the American Way! :D

my package is much too large for someone else to handle for me ��

I have a card but it was part of a possible hack so they canceled it and issued a new one. I called yesterday and paid for FedEx express so it will be here Tuesday and I am going to go to Optical Ocean sales in Seattle and pick one or two up. Thanks to all who have replied.

Back
Top Bottom