Places to Stay Anilio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone have a good email for anilao critters. I have emailed them with info on the website but no responses.
contact Dennis thru Facebook

Thanks. Did that over the weekend and still no reply. Hope all ok with him.
If anyone has any recs for others who do similar guiding - would be very open! Thank you!
Open to suggestions for similar in Anilao or PG.

It's possible that he's been out with a client, give him a couple days (it's Tuesday here now).

Thanks. Did that over the weekend and still no reply. Hope all ok with him.
If anyone has any recs for others who do similar guiding - would be very open! Thank you!
Open to suggestions for similar in Anilao or PG.
His bros, Ronnie and Obet.

And you know that from France? Nice dude!!

Luko is kind of like our Yoda, wise in all matters of diving in Asia. Plus he's French so he might speak English a bit funny like Yoda :wink:
Hopefully he won't kill me with his superior jedi mind tricks now...

Also planning a 5 day trip to Anilao and trying to understand pricing structure and differences... I have read about it... and re-read aobut it.... and I still can't understand. Maybe I am just slow. Can someone help?

Basically the overwhelming majority of Anilao dive ops charge by boat, not by person/dive. So if you are a party of 2 divers, you would be put on a separate boat from another party of 2 divers at the same resort and billed more than you would have been if 4 people had shared the same boat. It's particularly difficult for solo travellers. There are numerous ops however that bill by person/dive including

Buceo Anilao
Blue Ribbon
Club Ocellaris *does charge extra if you are the only person on the boat

And I have met solo travellers in Anilao who told me they arranged regular per dive/person pricing with Anilao Photo Hotel and Portulano in the past (not sure if still possible).

Anilao ops also tend to bill shore dives at the same cost as boat dives, giving a variety of reasons why, but that's a separate issue.

Basically the overwhelming majority of Anilao dive ops charge by boat, not by person/dive. So if you are a party of 2 divers, you would be put on a separate boat from another party of 2 divers at the same resort and billed more than you would have been if 4 people had shared the same boat. It's particularly difficult for solo travellers.

It's not difficult, just more expensive- but worth it. That 2+2 scenario you describe would be great. I really don't enjoy feeling rushed, or waiting longer than I would make other divers/photog's wait, or having a guy fin-launch an ornate ghostpipefish while reviewing his pictures of 5 minutes worth of efforts, or, or...
Save/budget and treat yourself! If it helps, you can try to justify the relatively low cost compared to so many other (often inferior) destinations.

You can usually arrange a private boat at Buceo Anilao. So you have the comfort of knowing what it's going to cost and a boat to yourself.

It's not difficult, just more expensive- but worth it....If it helps, you can try to justify the relatively low cost compared to so many other (often inferior) destinations.

I meant no slight to Anilao. I’m just back from my 10th week diving there. :) I was just trying to help @drschibi with his request for explanation since no one else had jumped in.

What has kept me personally returning to Anilao, besides the logistics, value, and often terrific animals, is the long - in some cases unlimited - dive times. One summer when I found myself with my own boat I logged a record number of two hour dives. Even when not travelling solo, I don’t know of any other location in the world that routinely offers 80-90+ min boat dive times for groups (I would love to know of any others!)

Back
Top Bottom