Planned Dive Trip - VA Beach, 05-12-07, Wreck of the "Luckenbach", $121

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roger on the 24 hour rule. My flight leaves at 7:00 pm on Sunday, so if the trip returns mid afternoon I will be fine. That is not the limiting factor. More so is the diving the day before I leave on another trip. I return wednesday evening. Anything on the calendar for next weekend?

Pook-60:
Is there a PADI specialty in Grope Diving?!
Only if Rad's buddy is his wife! :D :D :D :D

Well...groping along the bottom...uh...not somebody's bottom...just THE bottom. :babycrawl Kinda like that...:sharkattack:

Hi Guys!

Let's talk weather again. We woke up to sea fog this morning in Virginia Beach because the low pressure system to the south of us brought up warm and moist air from Florida.

Ya know, that system is staying stationary over the gulf stream and starting to spin. I know it may sound crazy, but it's starting to behave like a depression or tropical storm. If the pressure starts to drop, it could intensify.

That said, we are sitting between two "evils" right now. To the north are multiple high pressure fronts. The jetstream is pushing north/northeast, so that "bad stuff" is staying above us. The low pressure system to the south is creating a "trough" over the mid-atlantic, calming stuff down some. Wave height offshore has dropped from 20+ feet to 6 FT in the last 24 HRS.

If the jetstream continues to stabilize and push north/northeast, it will probably start sliding south. This could push the low pressure system out into the Atlantic and away from us, but create wind by Friday with cooler temperatures. On the other hand, if the low pressure system gains strength but stays where it's at, it could be better for us. If it moves north, however, we're done....

As far as underwater visibility goes, who knows? :shakehead

OK...

Drysuit.....Check!
BC.....Check!
Reg & Computer.....Check!
Nitrox.....Check!
Other whiz-bang stuff that makes me look more capable than I really am.....Check!
Dramamine.....Big-Time Check!!!

OK, let's go!
Dane

Man I guess I better get my tanks filled. With this weather who knows what will happen.
SAT
NW WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...BECOMING N IN THE AFTERNOON. SEAS 2 TO
3 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND TSTMS.
That dont look too bad, but it has constantly changed everyday this week & we still have 3 days to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom