Planning a trip to FL to move

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sport: Thanks for this info, I joined the club and with that I found a class they were offering for beach diving in that area AND on a day we will be there!!!! Which does a few things for me, get me oriented with the area, show us the ins and outs of beach diving. Since we live in the middle of VA, we have ended up at the quarry or taken a boat out to dive. But what is a little bit more exciting is that later in the day they are offering a clinic on lobster hunting. Which is something my kid has been hounding me about.

---------- Post Merged at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:08 AM ----------

Found a shop in Delray Beach that can do the BHB with us, all I need to do is call them when we get in and get ourselves figured out. Since the real goal of this trip is housing and school reg. but I am finding that I am becoming distracted with all the things we can do. BHB, LBTS, lobster hunting, Bug Fest, Clinics on lobster hunting and beach diving. I may not come home:)

Thanks to Todd (aka Diesel00) he was able to take my daughter, myself and another diver from St. Louis out on Sat and show us around the BHB on the east side. Thanks Todd!!! Then later in the week I hired a DM for the west side of the bridge. However, the week did not go as planned. As we went out to Hollywood beach and parked in one of the public parking spots. When we returned to our car, someone had smashed our window out and stole my drivers lic. and all my credit cards, however, left my cash. All was hidden out of site. Was told by the cop that this is a big problem out there and there were 3 cars all at the same time broken into.

Thanks to Todd (aka Diesel00) he was able to take my daughter, myself and another diver from St. Louis out on Sat and show us around the BHB on the east side. Thanks Todd!!! Then later in the week I hired a DM for the west side of the bridge. However, the week did not go as planned. As we went out to Hollywood beach and parked in one of the public parking spots. When we returned to our car, someone had smashed our window out and stole my drivers lic. and all my credit cards, however, left my cash. All was hidden out of site. Was told by the cop that this is a big problem out there and there were 3 cars all at the same time broken into.

Thanks for the kind words Desi. I had a great time showing you and your daughter on the East side. Sorry I am not the greatest guide. I hope that you guys had a great time anyway. Sorry to hear about you getting broken into and losing all of your credit cards as well.

Todd, we really had a great time!!! Really wanted to dive Lauderdale by the sea, but that was a bust due to the car issue. However, we did go out there and snorkel, we both had a great time, saw 2 cuttlefish, we just laid there on top of the water and watched them. We somehow missed the whole trail thing other than the anchor, but could not have asked for a better time. We also took a boat out of Ft Lauderdale to go snorkel, the tour on the boat was amazing and to hear about all the houses there. Also, while we were swimming back to shore, 2 pretty good sized fish swam by us. Do not know what they were, but fun.
Was ahead of the break in, had all credit cards cancelled within the half hour, so no lose there. Window fixed the following day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom