Plastic Backplate and Webbing for Boat Scrubbing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Water Boy76

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Don't want to use my regular rig for shallow tasks like boat scrubbing and grabbing the occasional lobster that's deeper than I like to freedive. Will use a 19 pony with it instead of a regular tank and will need webbing. Since it will only be used a few times a year looking to keep price down.

I've looked at the usual onine retailers and did not see what I was looking for. Maybe I missed it. Any ideas or suggestions?

I have a used one to sell 25 shipped t

If you can get a shop to order one from Trident, they have one that retails (dive shop price) for around $40.
The harness is just a 10' or 11' length of 2" weight belt webbing.
I have an old Healthways plastic pack I got for free which is about the best fitting one I ever found. All the plastic packs are slightly different depending on brand, but the overall concept is about the same.

A weight belt +weight belt suspenders (equals a "harness"), stage rig the pony, couple d-rings/sliders, and life is good....

If plastic style packs made a comeback it would almost be worth it to pop a design out of fiberglass.
I can't see them being made (out of plastic) much longer the way things are going.

I have a DSS Kydex plate for sale but its probably more than you want to spend.

Don't want to use my regular rig for shallow tasks like boat scrubbing and grabbing the occasional lobster that's deeper than I like to freedive. Will use a 19 pony with it instead of a regular tank and will need webbing. Since it will only be used a few times a year looking to keep price down.

I've looked at the usual onine retailers and did not see what I was looking for. Maybe I missed it. Any ideas or suggestions?

I'd look for some ex rental / craigslist bc's and some oversized jacket wetsuits to wear over your exposure protection.

Bottom scrubbing is hard on gear. You want it to be near disposable.

Tobin

I have at least four of them....all set up for LP72's...be glad to send ya one if you'll handle the shipping. PM me at your convenience.

Bubs

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom