Plastic Cap problem ScubaPro MK25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its only there to deter divers from adjusting thier own IPs...

It's like that on some regs, but the mk25 has no external ip adjustment. It's ip is adjusted via internal spring shims.

It's like that on some regs, but the mk25 has no external ip adjustment. It's ip is adjusted via internal spring shims.
The MK20 had no external IP adjustment, but the MK25 does. And yes, the cap is there to keep divers from thinking about putting an hex wrench in the IP adjustment and seeing what happens.

The MK20 had no external IP adjustment, but the MK25 does. And yes, the cap is there to keep divers from thinking about putting an hex wrench in the IP adjustment and seeing what happens.

Just looked at a friend's Mk25 and I stand corrected:D

Sorry for the hijack...but,

Since you guys are talking about the MK25, does anyone have one without the antifreeze fin setup between the swivel and the main body?

I have one like that, and I was wondering if it can be added, and if I can add it myself.

Any thoughts on the matter...?

Thanks.

Throw the cap away, it serves no purpose other than cosmetic. I think about half of mine are missing from just using them. I have 4 mk 25's. Once it's gone, it's the mark of someone who uses their regs rather than displaying them in the trophy case!

Dave

well this has become an interesting thread.... first of you should only buy a titanium reg if you are a res\creational dive intending to travel a lot and use air as you gas of choice....titanium regs (and I know there are a few of them out there that claim to be O2 compatible so dont flame me on that) tend to do some nasty things when exposed to oxygen. Secondly I know that everyone tends to use VITON when they O2 clean their regs but the O-rings (EPDM) that come in the scubapro annual service kit are infact O2 compatible.

as for the plastic cap it is for decoration for the most partand if you loose it you will be none the worse for it. However to the guy that recommended that that you use hot glue to adhere it back to the reg unit....do me a favor and smack yourself for me....Scubapro does not authorize 'hot glue' for use on any of its regs and It may in fact void your warrenty.

secondly if it is that big a deal to you that the cap actually be in place then tell your LDS about it before you get it serviced there and they should be able to replace it free of charge for you

as for the question about the heat sink for the MK25 it was offered as a retro fit for older MK25's and is standard on all new MK25's when you go to your LDS to get them serviced next ask about it and it can easily be installed

as for the external IP adjustment for MK25 as far as I know and I have not had mine apart in some time you do infact adjust the IP externally and not via the use of shims that you see in other SP regs

the MK16 is also adjustable externally as well

One of my caps is gone, and the other's still with me. They don't seem to serve any purpose, so I haven't worried about it.

I'm still using a MK 10 from '93. I love it! Service it annually and never a problem. Spare parts..I can always find them in most remote destinations (Phuket or Koh Samui, Thai; Bali, INDO, Penang,Malaysia) , and finally after 14-15 years and thousands of dives, she finally broke the cap. I just had to replace it!:shakehead: But with a run like that and it never broke, I can't complain. :D SP :eyebrow::wink:

You can also try calling Scubapro:
1-800-scubapro
1-800-467-4822
1-619-402-1023

BTW, the Scubapro MK-20 and 25 have had titanium ultralight versions for years, compatible with up to 40% nitrox. So has Atomic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom