Plastic zip repair on Dry Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a plastic zip on my dry suit but sadly the zip has broken recently. Does anyone have any ideas or experience in repairing these? The Zipper is only attached to the bottom zip and not to the top one anymore.

Attachments

• IMG_1437.JPEG
    IMG_1437.JPEG
    126.1 KB · Views: 36
even if you can get the zip back on the other track, it is unlikely that you can get all of the teeth to fully seal and be watertight.

a replacement is probably needed

Look on the Yo Tube, there are some how to’s for this sort of thing but not related to drysuit zippers, it can give you something to do while getting prices for a replacement.

Ah that is a shame. Hopefully I can get it replaced quickly as have a few dives coming up.

Thanks though.

Not sure where you are located but i have had excellent repairs done at Bare in british columbia and at superior diving repair in minnesota.

unstitch unglue the end of the side of the zipper that jumped feed it back into the slider and restitch and reglue

I have a plastic zip on my dry suit but sadly the zip has broken recently. Does anyone have any ideas or experience in repairing these? The Zipper is only attached to the bottom zip and not to the top one anymore.
Send it to Hammonds for repair (Dartford). Other drysuit repairers are available.

Owning a drysuit means periodically having the zippers replaced. Plastic zips are more fragile than metal ones and require very regular maintenance/lubrication. All drysuit zippers need careful suit folding to avoid kinks.

Back
Top Bottom