Playa AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

daran

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I know this isn't the best place to ask this question but not sure where else to post. Staying Cozumel in late September and spending 3 days in Playa. I'm looking for an AI hotel in Playa or surrounding area with great beaches and calm glass like water if possible. Does anyone have any suggestions? Looking to spend less than $350 per night.

thanks everyone

I know this isn't the best place to ask this question but not sure where else to post. Staying Cozumel in late September and spending 3 days in Playa. I'm looking for an AI hotel in Playa or surrounding area with great beaches and calm glass like water if possible. Does anyone have any suggestions? Looking to spend less than $350 per night.

thanks everyone

Visit this forum:

Playa del Carmen, Mexico forum

There is a dedicated All Inclusive/Big Resorts section. It is a very active forum, with much less blah, blah, blah going on there than another very popular forum.

One of the moderators is a travel agent that specializes in AI's on the Riviera Maya.

My advice would be to look over the threads, and then if you don't find the info that you need, register and post your question. But when posting, give more details about what you're looking for; ages of travelers, proximity to town, degree of formality, ammenities that are must haves, nice to haves, ect.

tons of options over there especially with such a high budget. but i wouldn't count on the "calm glass like waters".

I know this isn't the best place to ask this question but not sure where else to post. Staying Cozumel in late September and spending 3 days in Playa. I'm looking for an AI hotel in Playa or surrounding area with great beaches and calm glass like water if possible.
Unless there is a Norte going on, the calm glasslike water is across the channel on the west coast of Cozumel.

I can recommend Dive Mike for diving out of PDC proper or Dive Aventuras if you happen to stay further south toward Tulum. It's arguable, that the better open water diving is found south of PDC. The best beach I ever experienced was at Club Maeve but unfortunately, it's abandoned and in ruins now. You'll find that most places in the Mayan Riviera has exceptional beaches compared to Cozumel. This fact can be blamed on the waves and lack of "glass like water".

Check out Playacar Palace. Right next to the ferry pier, super close to Quinta Avenida with all the shops, restaurants, and activities. Beautiful pool and beach area.

We just got back from the Sandos Playacar in late May. I whole heartedly endorse it. GREAT beach, very friendly staff, food was solid. Very large resort. I wrote a (mostly) dive review a few weeks ago with some Sandos insights if you want to search for my post. But the Sandos is great. It was exactly what we wanted.

You are going to just miss the bull shark season, but hopefully catch the end of whale shark season. If you´re looking for a beach resort in Playa del Carmen I would recommend staying at Sandos Playacar Beach Experience Resort they have an in-house dive centre Scuba Libre it is owned up an Italian couple. The dive center is right on the beach, and they have a fast boat with good equipment. Good luck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom