Playa Blana Beach Resort, Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rockhound

Reaction score
Hi,

I was just informed that I won a 7 day trip to the Playa Blanca Beach resort in Belize, from a drawing held at Houston's Sea Space symposium last week. This trip includes 5-days of diving (2/day), Continental Breakfast each day and all taxes and services. My choices are a Condo or a Beachfront Cabana.

While I remember being impressed with the staff that visited Houston representing the resort, I wonder if anyone has any feedback/experience with these guys and their operation (The diving is run by "GAZ" divers).

Because the trip is for me only, I would need to pay for my non-diving wife and kids to accompany me, since the resort requested that I attempt to fill the second slot of my prize with a paying diver, which halves the cost to them.

While my non-diving family members enjoy "nature travel" and would likely have a good time on "River Tours" and tours of the Mayan ruins, I thought I might ask about this particular resort specifically, and about traveling to Belize with non-divers and kids in general. I have asked, and the resort will consider, allowing me substitute a "resort packaged" nondiver for a diver.......

I have never been to Belize, although many of my sailing and diving friends speak very highly of it as both a diving hotspot and as a place to see wildlife.

Am I an idiot for considering this, or should I grab one of my "reggler" dive buddies (A male one, I reckon), split the cost of the trip with them, and make it up to the family later on?

Thanks in advance, (oh, yea, this is their site: http://www.playablancabelize.com/index.html )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom