Please advice - zeagle ranger harness with 35 LB OMS bladder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hezishohat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi
My BCD getting old, I wanted to but the zeagle stiletto because the ranger 45 LB bladder is to large for my needs.
someone offer for sale a used Ranger harness (40 dives) with a new 35LB OMS bladder.
I dive with one tank, mostly my 10L.
I would like to have you advice about this combination before I buy it.

Thanks, Hezi

zeagel1.jpgzeagel2.jpg

I would verify that the wing works with the BC first. From what I remember of my Zeagle Bc, their wings do not work the same was everyone else's.

Ditto the above, I would take good look at how the wing is attached the harness and make sure the wing securely attached. It looks like the cam bands are being used which fine but does the wing center piece lie flat ??

It seems like a weird combination to me as well. A Zeagle wing would be wider on the sides than the OMS appears to be.

I'd worry about tank stability and roll also depending on what has to be removed on the Ranger Jacket to accommodate the OMS wing. There's several pieces on a Ranger that velcro/buckle over each other in a very specific fashion so you can even mount doubles (just not very well). And you can't really add a steel Zeagle backplate because their wing mounts are different than standard BP/W models like the OMS.

See if he'll sell you the OMS wing and pick your self up a cheap steel backplate/harness to go with it. Won't have all the pockets but it will be pretty stable. And you can add pockets to the plate.

The OMS wing seems a lot smaller vertically. Maybe it dives fine though.

Look at an Express Tech also. They're cheaper and can take an optional 34# wing. Add pockets and a weight system and it's a Ranger without all the extra jacket. Some dealers will sell them with the 34# wing standard and credit you the 24# price difference.

Express Tech Deluxe

Scubatoys in Dallas also sells a custom BC called the Brigade. It's a Ranger Jacket with a 35lb. bungied Escape wing. $200 less than a Ranger. And they ship everywhere. Zeagle Brigade BCD discounts on sale Zeagle

Back
Top Bottom