Please be careful with pharmacy drugs in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes. I have never heard of Percocet for a migraine. Nothing against the diver. Perhaps treating for something else (other pain).

Fentanyl is a real killer in Florida. Teenagers and kids in their 20s are dying because of ingesting it unknowingly while doing other drugs. Terrible stuff.
Perhaps read some of the facts posted here
You’ll understand what happened better.

It used to be cheaper to cut drugs with talc powder.

Now Chinese fentanyl is so cheap that they're cutting drugs with it instead of talc.

Where did you get those numbers? IMO whenever we post statistics we should show where they come from; some sources of such information are more reliable than others.
I remember back in the fall 2016 during the height of the Zika virus wave. The hospitals were full and the captain and DM on the boat rattled off a half dozen names of folks I knew who had it.
Officially there were zero cases on the island and when the doctors hand a patient a communicable diseases report form for them to turn into the public health office, the office refused to accept them.
'Statisics' are frequently manipulated by government's.

It used to be cheaper to cut drugs with talc powder.

Now Chinese fentanyl is so cheap that they're cutting drugs with it instead of talc.
Scary, very scary:eek:

I have never heard of Percocet for a migraine.
"Narcotics—meaning opiates like Percocet, Oxycodone and Hydrocodone—can be used as emergency relief from a migraine attack, but they are prescribed with high caution. These drugs post the greatest risk of causing rebound headache."

The poor lady should have gone to one of the hospitals or physicians catering to tourists. Since she took an illegal drug, she voided any trip medical insurance.

Since she took an illegal drug, she voided any trip medical insurance.​
But did she? If she got it from a legal pharmacy, how could it be illegal? If it was counterfeit that wasn't her fault.

A question for Dave Dillehay:​
Is the 'pharmacy' that sold this lady the fake Percocet laced with fentanyl still open?​
The authorities would have know of this serious incident, if for no other reason from the hospital.​

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom