Please confirm required vaccination status for Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got a new version of the PeduliLindungi App and it is rejecting my Canadian Government Vaccine record. It seems it is only accepting an EU version of a vaccine record. Just came out today so hoping things get updated. Still have a few weeks to get this sorted out. The rejection does not give reasons and says you can manually submit records, but I can't find a way to do that.
No problem, just ignore it. Nothing will get fixed, I can guarantee.
For others : don't waste your time filling everything about vaccines it has 80% chances of failing,
Simply download the app and show it at check-in time, they will be happy with that (This is the useless app I have ever experienced, only the Indonesian gov seems to believe it works.)

No problem, just ignore it. Nothing will get fixed, I can guarantee.
For others : don't waste your time filling everything about vaccines it has 80% chances of failing,
Simply download the app and show it at check-in time, they will be happy with that (This is the useless app I have ever experienced, only the Indonesian gov seems to believe it works.)
I had heard that so am not too worried. Backup plan is to have paper copies of everything when I arrive, but it is somewhat stressful to rely on that when meeting a liveaboard. I have a three day cushion so hopefully all will go well.

I called them today since I'm in the same boat. I am taking the Novavax vaccine which is also a 2 dose vaccine.

I wish the call would have been more "informative" (if you know what I mean). That said, based on my call I was provided with the following options for entrance into Indonesia:

1. 2 doses plus booster
2. Note from Dr./hospital
3. Fly to Indonesia and beg/state your case.

I'm seeing my Dr. tomorrow.
Leaving in a few weeks. Yes, each of those are options. Based on my conversation, to enter Indonesia, you'll need 1 of the following:

1. 2 doses plus booster, or
2. 2 doses plus note from Dr. stating why your not eligible for a COVID booster, or
3. 2 doses plus luck - fly to indonesia and tell the person that is scanning you for entry why you don't have a booster and leave it to their discretion (entry/no entry).

Based on my call.

Leaving in a few weeks. Yes, each of those are options. Based on my conversation, to enter Indonesia, you'll need 1 of the following:

2. 2 doses plus note from Dr. stating why your not eligible for a COVID booster, or
3. 2 doses plus luck - fly to indonesia and tell the person that is scanning you for entry why you don't have a booster and leave it to their discretion (entry/no entry).

Based on my call.
Did you ask about the J&J vaccine which was a single dose regimen vs the Pfizer/Moderna products that were 2 dose vaccine regimens?

I would think that a 1 shot plus booster would suffice for those that received the J&J shot initially?

Based on my call.
I think this info is wrong.
I think they consider fully vaccinated if you have 2 doses with or without the booster.

But who knows, theres so much information lacking and needing updates.

I asked around Bali facebook groups and many have said only need 2 doses of the 2 dose vaccines. No need for boosters. Thats for international travelers.

We went to the Philippines in May. We were required to be fully vaccinated plus at least one booster.
Was just in Fiji and no booster was needed per this note in their entry requirements:

“Please note that fully-vaccinated means that you have received the recommended number of initial doses (usually 2) of a vaccine that Fiji recognises. Vaccine booster shots are considered as additonal protection to full-vaccination.”

However, the latest requirements from Indonesia do specifically refer to the booster, so I believe it’s required. I’m going in December so will find out (but not an issue for me as I’ve gotten 2 boosters already - wanted to minimize my chances of picking it up traveling and testing positive on the required post-arrival test in Fiji).

I think this info is wrong.
I think they consider fully vaccinated if you have 2 doses with or without the booster.

But who knows, theres so much information lacking and needing updates.
Why would I provide false information to a community that has provided so much value over the years?

Before you state I'm incorrect, you should take the time to call the Consulate to verify. Yesterday, it was clearly defined as what I outlined above. The number is located in the begging of this thread, or, better yet I called (213)383-5126 and (213)383-5128. They are open to 5 pm PST. The average wait time is under 10 min.

I already have a note from by doctor stating I'm not eligible for a booster since I'm on 2 dose vaccine (Novavax). Good luck in your adventures!

Back
Top Bottom