Please help: Force Fins Identification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nikoniko

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello...
I'm a scuba diving newbie and am lucky to get this pair of force fins.
Can anybody help me identify what type of Force Fins they are and approx. year these were made?
On the back, it says L Pat Pend. Does that mean it's size Large and Patent Pending?
I went diving with them on Sat. and it was fantastic!!! SO easy to kick!
Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 788
nikoniko, made in 1983. I actually made these in the Body Glove Hermosa Beach, California factory. My Father Gordon B. Evans hand carved the Pat Pending and size. You have a little Force Fin history with these Force fins. Have fun. glad to see they still have life in them. Best, Bob

nikoniko, made in 1983. I actually made these in the Body Glove Hermosa Beach, California factory. My Father Gordon B. Evans hand carved the Pat Pending and size. You have a little Force Fin history with these Force fins. Have fun. glad to see they still have life in them. Best, Bob

Thank you, Bob!
I feel so blessed to have these fins. And that there's history behind them. So are they the basic/original model?
Do u happen to know if the bungee strap will fit on these fins?

nikoniko, They would be the original model. I would keep to the nylon strap, since removal of the straps might be quit a workout, but not impossible to remove.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom