Please offer your creative ideas for purposely sunken SCUBA diving items

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pennyroyal Blue Springs has several interesting things. They have a UH1 helicopter body, also a "UFO" (a satelite dish that you can fill with air, let it float up & then sink back down) & also an RV motor home that was sunk this summer.

i would love it if i could find a sunken Jeep...
planes are aways cool..

Bad Karma:
i would love it if i could find a sunken Jeep...
planes are aways cool..

There is a dive site somewhere in a lake created by a dam that has a sunken bridge with a jeep sitting on it. I can't remember where though. maybe someone else can.

France Park has the old kids playground space shuttles (similar to these)that used to sit on springs. You can lay on them, adjust your buoyancy and fly them around. I LOVE those!
Ber :lilbunny:

Are local lake were we do a lot of diver training has lots of items in it, scorpion and praying mantis metal statutes, a mailbox on a post, a canoe, row boat, and a few other items that I can not remember.

The row boat is especially fun as years ago I was divemastering two students on their first night dive. In fact it was about this same time, very near Halloween. I told them we would jump off the dock and to follow me as I would take a heading and we would see it we could find the boat. Now the water viz is not very good 5-10' and being night and all you could not see real well. After about 5 minutes I came up to the boat and let the two students pass by me so they were just in front and near the boat. They started shinning their lights on the boat and then all of a sudden both started back finning and just about bolted to the surface - I grab them both and clammed them down. Seems I forgot to mention that the boat contained two very life like mannequins :D After the dive they said that they would never forget their first night dive.

mike_s:
There is a dive site somewhere in a lake created by a dam that has a sunken bridge with a jeep sitting on it. I can't remember where though. maybe someone else can.

Lake Norfork, Arkansas. The old 101 bridge.

theskull

I'd like to see a sunken VW Microbus with shovels and rakes and implements of destruction . . . and a sign on it that says, "Eat at Alice's Restaurant".

theskull

Lancelot:
Hi All,

I had a dream last night that I actually constructed a replica Apollo space (crew) capsule for purposes of sinking it in Gilboa Quarry. Upon awakening I realized this could be an INCREDIBLY cool idea for a diving adventure. It would be a great picture opportunity as well. I assume that an original Apollo space capsule would be cost prohibitive so a replica is my best idea. :D Please offer some of your creative ideas for sunken dive opportunities. Thanks all.

Lance

Had to be a dream. If it were real, the capsule would be siting in the parking lot for all eternity.

Back
Top Bottom