Please offer your creative ideas for purposely sunken SCUBA diving items

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't wait untill they complete the atlantis sculpture park, I think that will be a very cool dive.

trucker girl:
Had to be a dream. If it were real, the capsule would be siting in the parking lot for all eternity.

Heh..Heh...Heh... Are you making a comment about how quickly things go from the parking lot to the bottom at Gilboa Quarry?

Lance

Western Canada sucks - a lot of really great dive sites are parks - so of course, no dumping buses or anything of the sort.

Makes sense I guess, but it still kind of sucks.

At Clear Springs quarry, there is an old-fashioned coffin that is chained shut, pretty cool to see. And Naui15694, I feel your pain about the alligator. There is also a big concrete alligator at the bottom of CS. I've only found him once, but it stands out in my mind. :wink:

trucker girl:
A replica of an old, sea faring sail boat (think Master and Commander)- sunk in fairly shallow freshwater.

Or a bus. :)

Check out Willow Springs in Pa. They have the "Quest" Was part of the tall ship parade in '76 It sits in a cradle so it is upright in 40'+/- with the two mast sticking out of the water. Best if you go in Late spring or early summer before the alge bloom for best vis. It is a spring feed quarry, I used a 7mm last time I went a few years ago.

Cool thing to sink, um Railroad locomotive, steam.

If your anywhere near farming country look for a farmer to donate a tractor or other farm machinery. Haigh Guarry near me has a rock crusher, a boat and a Marine truck, among a few other things (I think). Pretty cool to see and dive around.

How about a scaled down build of a sunken manhatten, complete with cars, buses and misc personal items scattered about?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom