Please replace my faulty Nemo Wide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zamzow

Registered
Reaction score
Help me out, Mares folks:

I'm in Antarctica, and my Nemo Wide purchased in September has gone completely insane and is logging dives to 51 and 34 feet while sitting on my desk. Pity for Mares, because prior to this, the Palmer Station diving program was planning to outfit all our divers with this computer (I had the first trial of it)! Guess now we'll stick with UWATEC.

Anyway, where can I send this useless thing for repair or replacement? I purchased it through Mar-Vel International, do I have to go back through them or can I cut out the middleman? Not that I'll be able to get a replacement before the end of the diving season, given the shipping difficulties for us folks on the ice.

Hey, guess what, while I've been typing this my computer's been in 34 feet of water for 18 minutes right next to my laptop here! Frustrating!!!

Thanks for any help here
Jill Zamzow, PhD
NSF Postdoctoral Fellow
Palmer Station, Antarctica

Hi Jill,

I am sorry this is happenning, I do not know what would cause this but aside from few battery issues in the begining we have not had any major problems with the Nemo Wide. I will have Zak check on this since he is far more knowledgable on the technical issues than I am.

If you know of a method to get one to you quickly to restore your faith I will send it.

We will follow up quickly with you.

Regards,

Phil

Dear Jill,

I to am sorry for your computer issues. As Phil stated, we have not had any major issues or problems on a large scale with the Nemo Wide. This computer so far has proven to be quite reliable in all conditions. Unfortunately, electronics regardless of manufacturer, will always have a random possibility for malfunction. I strongly believe you are just unlucky with your computer. It could be anything from an electrical issue, possibly mishandled during shipping (dropped) etc. We will be happy to send you a new one to help restore your faith in this computer. When you return from the "ice" you can send the old computer back to Marvel, but in the interim we can send you one now. Please advise if this is a possibilty.

Sincerely,

Zachary O'Hara

Hi Zak, and Phil, and thanks for the quick and helpful replies.

If you were able to send out a new one this week to Colorado, the Polar Services people there say they can fly it south and get it onto the supply ship that leaves Chile in late April so that it would be in my hands on May 1st. That would be great for me, as it means I could test it out for a month and a half of daily diving before we depart the ice on the 15th June. Conditions will only be worse then, as it's getting on toward winter, so if the new one performs well in those icy waters, we'll know we can use it anywhere, anytime. I've already put the old one into the cargo system here and it will arrive back at Mar-Vel the first of June, and they'll return it to you.

If this is possible, you can send it to:
Tracey Baldwin
Raytheon Polar Services Company
7400 S. Tucson Way
Centennial, CO 80112
(720) 568-2247

If she receives something from Mares, she knows what to do. The drop-dead deadline is Thursday the 17th April for southbound cargo. Hope you can make it!

Thanks for the excellent customer service.
Jill

Jill Zamzow, PhD
National Science Foundation Postdoctoral Fellow
Polar Programs, Palmer Station, Antarctica

Hi Jill,

We will have it to Tracey by the end of this week.

Regards,

Phil

Thanks, Phil - flawless customer service!

Jill

If that isn't superb customer service, then I don't know what is....

Greg Barlow

:D She gives the address at 7:42AM and at 7:53AM she has a confirmation from the Vice President of the company that it will be shipped out. 11 min OMG you can't get any better service than that.:yelclap:

I needed service on my computer. I sent it to them directly, they sent back to me at my address in the states and I had it within two weeks in time to catch my boat. If I sent it to the shop here I was told it would take six weeks. Phil mintz put a rush on it for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom