Please replace my faulty Nemo Wide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The service Phil and Zak give is remarkable! Many thanks to you two for past, and future (lets hope not too many!:wink:) service rendered. Great equipment, and this kind of service? The step is high for the other brands out there...

Cheers!:coffee:

Thank you to all for the very nice notes. In every business there are issues, and as we all know "things happen". It is what you do about it and how quickly that matters.

Thanks to all for your support.

Regards,

Phil

Hi Zak and Phil,

Just got word from Denver that Polar Services received my new computer and it is on target for catching the next southbound ship from Chile. Should be in my hands in a couple of weeks - hooray!

Thanks again,
Jill

Hey Phil and Zak,

Just a quick update from the ice - the new Nemo Wide you sent is flawless - performing perfectly in 29 degree water - thank you! Also, I got a note from Mar-Vel saying they received the old one, it's apparently still been diving quite a bit without me, and it's on its way to you.

Thanks again for the excellent customer service!
Jill

Dear Jill,

I am so pleased everything worked out for the best. I am glad you are enjoying the computer, I knew it wasn't the ice making it act up. Well, maybe you all will keep the Nemo Wide and Mares in mind when it comes time to replace the dive teams gear. Try to stay warm and good luck with your studies!

Best regards,

I can say This is a very interesting case of customer service.....

Mares should get a pic of this computer on the frozen continent and use it in an advertising print.

Great customer service from the states, too bad Mares worldwide isn't as good. My stainless nemo lost the plot during a dive in South Africa over Easter, I sent it to the local Mares dealer who sent it to Italy and the Italians said they couldn't fix it and offered a deal on a M2.... no explanation as to why it couldn't be fixed and not even an offer to cut a deal on a new nemo. Guess when I get back to the states I will look into a new UWATEC or Suunto. The kicker is that I was told that if I wanted the busted nemo back I had to pay for shipping!!!!! Upsetting considering I look like a mares poster boy from mask to fins.

Brian Kuhn, PhD

Great customer service from the states, too bad Mares worldwide isn't as good. My stainless nemo lost the plot during a dive in South Africa over Easter, I sent it to the local Mares dealer who sent it to Italy and the Italians said they couldn't fix it and offered a deal on a M2.... no explanation as to why it couldn't be fixed and not even an offer to cut a deal on a new nemo. Guess when I get back to the states I will look into a new UWATEC or Suunto. The kicker is that I was told that if I wanted the busted nemo back I had to pay for shipping!!!!! Upsetting considering I look like a mares poster boy from mask to fins.

Brian Kuhn, PhD

I sent Brian a PM with a contact for Mares IT. They should be able to help.

Phil

I sent Brian a PM with a contact for Mares IT. They should be able to help.

Phil
I appreciate you (Phil) trying to help me with my problem, you are an asset to Head/Mares USA. Sadly Italy doesn't appear to view customer service in the same way as aside from the e-mail sent to the local dive shop saying my nemo could not be fixed I have heard nothing from Mares or the contact I was given. Thanks again Phil, keep up the good work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom