Please sign!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's an incorrect statement, the FWC has finished and published their investigation. It's available for $35 by contacting Molly Williams in the North Palm Beach county FWC office. That being said, I haven't plunked down the $35 myself to read ir but it is also a fact he's been charged with a misdemeanor in relation to the accident.

I understand a printed copy costing something, because someone has to copy it or resources(money) are required to copy it, but in todays electronic age, no reason it can't be on their Freedom of Information section on their website and downloaded in PDF format.

For example, you could download the report of the NFL player and his friends that flipped their boat offshore Tampa.

(not directed at Deepstops, but just quoting his reply.)

Last edited by a moderator:
He should have his boat license taken away for good and his DL Suspended for atleast 1-3years and also have fines/ some sort of jail community service. I feel he does absolutly have a responability in fact we all do as human beings. He was a doctor who has the knowledge how to aid a situation like that. Me personally not know ing i would have been in there tryin to assist with whatever we could. I vaguly remeber a case where some one was tried for murder based on what they did not do to prevent the situation from happening Completly different story but same idea. He had a chance do something to help in saving someone and decided not to act. I think he is and should have is license removed

Done....... I can't believe he is only being charged with a Misdemeanor. That SOB needs to have license yanked. I thought that part of his Hypocritical oath he is bound to render aid. That should go along with helping his ticket getting pulled.

I view what he did (by not rendering aid) as attempted murder. Reasonable or not this is just my opinion though.

And by that same logic, a dive boat operator who is not 'on top' of his divers (by not having a dive flag near them when they surface) is also culpable for attempted murder, and the diver who surfaces outside the diver down flag is at fault for attempted suicide.

Some of us have been following the situation since it happened . . . if you haven't, then read up on it. Multiple sources of info available so you can be 'informed'. Heck, we never want anyone to be blind.

I have followed and/or read up on it, since the beginning.. And there is no official finding of fact, there are eye-witnesses (which, you can 'read up on' but sometimes are not reliable as 'fact' finders) and internet lynch mobs that have formed over the issue.

I am not at all saying this isn't a tragic accident, but, until there is some official documentation from FWC, all a 'petition' is doing is getting a bunch of divers to 'harumph harumph harumph' in agreement over something that appears to pull on them emotionally before logically.

If the official report and cause of accident shows him to be at fault, then by all means go after the boat driver. Until then.......

Course maybe eyeing this from a 'boat/captain' perspective, but almost NEVER, and I mean NEVER, has an accident between two vessels been deemed solely the responsibility of only ONE boat involved in the accident.

Signing a petition will do nothing. You want results, then start writing letters to your politicians and get the laws changed.

That's the only way to do it (other than vigilante justice)

Last edited by a moderator:
And by that same logic, a dive boat operator who is not 'on top' of his divers (by not having a dive flag near them when they surface) is also culpable for attempted murder, and the diver who surfaces outside the diver down flag is at fault for attempted suicide.

Yeah that makes a whole heap of sense :shakehead:. Thanks for contributing :thumb:

I understand a printed copy costing something, because someone has to copy it or resources(money) are required to copy it, but in todays electronic age, no reason it can't be on their Freedom of Information section on their website and downloaded in PDF format.

For example, you could download the report of the NFL player and his friends that flipped their boat offshore Tampa.

(not directed at Deepstops, but just quoting his reply.)

I tend to agree with you. I've been calling Molly Williams monthly for the last 11 months. When the report was finally completed last month, I was very surprised I would have to pay $35 to get it.

I tend to agree with you. I've been calling Molly Williams monthly for the last 11 months. When the report was finally completed last month, I was very surprised I would have to pay $35 to get it.

scan it, share it, and "show them".

heh... we should all PAYPAL you $1 for your efforts. There are enough people upset over how this idiot ran over Rob and 'left him to die" that would more than cover it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom