Please tell me your personal experiences w/buying ScubaPro regs at LeisurePro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Being a Online retailer as well as a LDS I would say talk to your shop and tell them the truth. times are tough, $600 is steep and 10% is hardly enough to make you want to buy from them. Trust me, everyone is willing to work out a deal, you just have to ask.

All of us want to make the sale and even with the rules ScubaPro has, they are not goint to penalize your LDS for dropping it a bit more if it is the difference between making a sale, or losing it. (do they even know for that matter?)

Besides, I am not convinced that half of the manufacturers are not selling direct to LP in the first place. Kinda sucks for legitamite folks who follow the rules, but it is what it is. We even offer free service the first year for folks who by regulators from us. Incentives always help offset the price.

So, ask!!! Good Luck!!!!

Being a Online retailer as well as a LDS I would say talk to your shop and tell them the truth. Times are tough, $600 is steep and 10% is hardly enough to make you want to buy from them. Trust me, everyone is willing to work out a deal, you just have to ask.

All of us want to make the sale and even with the rules ScubaPro has, they are not goint to penalize your LDS for dropping it a bit more if it is the difference between making a sale, or losing it. (do they even know for that matter?)

Besides, I am not convinced that half of the manufacturers are not selling direct to LP in the first place. Kinda sucks for legitamite folks who follow the rules, but it is what it is. We even offer free service the first year for folks who by regulators from us. Incentives always help offset the price.

So, ask!!! Good Luck!!!!

stay away from lesiure pro especially when it comes to regulators, don't by life support gear from then, fins and stuff is okay but stay away from leisurepro in general if you can. paying msrp can save your life

Care to explain that?

Okay there 25-49 dives, please point us to some links where regulators purchased at LP killed someone :troll:

go look at his profile. He's just a kid.... he likely can't even afford a regulator and prob can't order online because he doesn't have a credit card.

"paying msrp can save your life' is prob one of the stupidist comments I've seen on Scubaboard. My LDS will price match anybody, including LP, and you can still get the great same service for that price. they just want to earn your business.

Besides, I am not convinced that half of the manufacturers are not selling direct to LP in the first place. Kinda sucks for legitamite folks who follow the rules, but it is what it is.

you're not the only dealer that feels that way that a manufacturer puts rules on your then breaks it by selling to LP direct.

Leisure Pro had for example the new ACD regulators a couple years ago before it's larger dealers had them. They don't get that without buying direct from AL.

dori fish, please elaborate...on what experience(s) are you basing your adamant, anti-leisurepro albeit inarticulate opinion?

80% of my gear including all of my regulators are from LP. Couldn't be happier with their prices and service. Although I do not own any SP gear, I have no doubt you would not be disappointed if you purchased it from LP.

The biggest problem you are likely to run into buying Scubapro products from LP is the hostility you may well encounter if you try to get it serviced through a local authorized dealer.

It does not need to be purchased online for hostility. I purchased from an authorized dealer two SP MK17/S555 before the shop was taken over by a new owner that I refuse to do business with. When attempting to service them in subsequent years and other shops that I was looking to call "home", I was met with amazing hostility about asking them to service gear not purchased from the shop itself.

Sometimes it took me too long to produce a copy of my receipt (almost lost it in a water leak in my house), other times I couldn't immediately produce my service receipts. I even have to have a reg serviced that wasn't used once in the previous 12 months. Some shops outright refused to service them.

In the end it was serviced with the "free parts" but very grudgingly and with an extremly belittling attitude. I did purchase 2 APEK XTX50's (for a wicked discount -- better than LP's listed price) but I made it clear, they will not give me crap about my other regs or I'll never do business again with them. I guess it'll work out.

My main point is purchasing SP/APEKS gear from an alternate authorized dealer is enough to engender hostility. How much more so if they find out it was purchased online? In the end, I would just say you bought it from a friend if they ask.

I do NOT have a LDS that stocks ScubaPro or any decent gear--Have ordered from LP on multiple occasions with NO problems. They are excellent to wotk with. Also, Scubastore out of Spain is pretty good as well.

I went to Leisurepro's storefront this week, and it was fantastic. Nice to see it's a real shop with real people. I see no reason not to buy from them at their prices.

I've been there a couple of times to but you don't know what happens if you leave to a normal lds and give it to them to service you will probably be given this link:
Leisure Pro is NOT an authorized Aqua Lung dealer
i know it is from aqualung but it also applies to many other companies including scubapro.
give them a call or email them and ask

I've been there a couple of times to but you don't know what happens if you leave to a normal lds and give it to them to service you will probably be given this link:
Leisure Pro is NOT an authorized Aqua Lung dealer
i know it is from aqualung but it also applies to many other companies including scubapro.
give them a call or email them and ask

Please stop the inane comments about LP. Your statements are absolute meaningless nonsense that only a 14 yr old may heed. Hmmm... LP provide as good as if not better warranty service as any other LDS and charge a lot less for the gear. When you and not your Mommy and Daddy begin to buy your own gear, you may begin to understand.

When and why were you there? Did you parents take you there to shop? What did you buy? For someone who is so anti LP, you seem to have spent a lot of time buying stuff yourself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom