Pleurobranchs Mating

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

klausi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I am on a bit of a roll lately. Living so close to the ocean in the Philippines, I get to night dive a lot, in a classic "muck diving" area. Last week I filmed a pair of pleurobranchs, Euselenops luniceps, mating. I was quite excited, so much that my air consumption went up and I was done after an hour, quite uncharacteristic for me. I don't think there is much (if any) other footage of this mating behavior? I found videos of other pleurobranchs, Pleurobranchus forskali, mating.

The video also features a snail, likely Tonna sp. attacking a sea cucumber, possibly Holothuria sp., and squid, Loglio sp., frolicking and hunting in mid-water above the seagrass at night. All seen during one dive!!

There are so many jokes I want to make here about the pleurobranchs mollusk mambo, but I will refrain. :pgrating:
Great video, I will watch again for the audio to get your informative & entertaining commentary.​

Glad you enjoyed it. Yes, there are lots of jokes to be made, and mollusks usually don't care being joked about.
There are so many jokes I want to make here about the pleurobranchs mollusk mambo, but I will refrain. :pgrating:
Great video, I will watch again for the audio to get your informative & entertaining commentary.​

Back
Top Bottom