Plus Size Women Learning to Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Diane --

Big Adventures is doing scuba trips for plus size women and their allies -- that is any woman is more than welcome to participate... as long as she supports the idea of plus size women learning to dive, and she agrees to not talk about dieting or make body disparaging remarks during the trip.

Our next trip is planned for June 21 - 28, 2002. Another is tentatively scheduled for September 2002. Both trips will be to Maui. Both trips will include the opportunity for newbies to get certified and for already certified divers to do as much diving as they can stand!

I'd love to have you join us... if you would like more specifics, please let me know. You can reach me directly at LizNickels@attbi.com.

Liz

It is great to read these posts and see so many plus size women doing so well in diving. I am a newbee, still in my Open Water class and most of the women in my class are very small.
When it came to fitting into a wetsuit and BCD, I headed to the men's section. I am interested in info on where to get customized gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom