PNG, Komodo or Wakatobi?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cdiver2:
are you going I'll be your bag man or whatever you want.
Have a great time, it will be hard not to.
David
I'm really excited. Thanks for the help. It was great talking to you the other night.

Tee:
You will have a fantastic time! Craig, Lucy, James and the crew are the "nambawan" hosts, Lucy is an amazing chef too.

Have fun!

Tee.

Thanks Tee. Any tips for me--regarding the boat, sites to ask for, or things to do in Sydney, or anything else? This will be my first trip to that part of the world.

Madang to Wewak via the Hermits is a great trip. There are a number of great sites in Madang and on the way and Craig will take you to all of them unless of course the weather conditions are unfavourable. You will most probably be diving some new unnamed sites also which is always great fun as there has always been great pelagic activity out that way.

How long are you in Sydney for? I used to live there and absolutely love the place as there is always so much to see and do and fantastic places to eat! Here is a link to a good site which should be helpful http://www.sydney.com.au/

The Golden Dawn is very comfortable and if it does get a bit "roly poly" the stabilisers work quite well. You'll have a great trip, try and get cabin 1!

Happy diving!

reubencahn:
Thanks to everyone for all the help. Decided to head to PNG. Will do 10 days on the Golden Dawn from Wewak to the Niningo and Hermits Islands then back to Madang. Then possibly a couple of days at either Jais Aben or Loloata. Maybe next year I'll make it to Indonesia. I'm using up my USAir miles (before they go belly up) to fly United to Sydney and will be there for a few days. If anyone has suggestions for things to do in Sydney for a few days, I'd love to hear them. Again, thanks for all the advice.

Reuben

Hey Reuben,

Loads of great diving around Sydney - get to swim with weedy sea dragons, one of my favourite underwater critters, Port Jackson sharks, Wobbegongs, Blue Groupers ... loads of stuff.

Try to dive Bare Island, Kurnell, Shiprock

To find shops, boats etc ...

check out this site for all diving in australia

www.underwater.com.au is a great resource for all you diving questions - lots of stories, photos and excellent info.

It's THE Scuba diving portal for Australia. Comprehensive information on dive shops, liveaboards, charter and day boats, accommodation, gear and more - community meeting place for divers and marine enthusiasts.

See you underwater .....

Tim :wink:

Tee:
Madang to Wewak via the Hermits is a great trip. There are a number of great sites in Madang and on the way and Craig will take you to all of them unless of course the weather conditions are unfavourable. You will most probably be diving some new unnamed sites also which is always great fun as there has always been great pelagic activity out that way.

How long are you in Sydney for? I used to live there and absolutely love the place as there is always so much to see and do and fantastic places to eat! Here is a link to a good site which should be helpful http://www.sydney.com.au/

The Golden Dawn is very comfortable and if it does get a bit "roly poly" the stabilisers work quite well. You'll have a great trip, try and get cabin 1!

Happy diving!

Cabin 1 was already booked. We're in cabin 5, which looked pretty good (large window) and our son is in cabin 2. I think we'll be in Sydney for two days at the beginning and two days at the end of the trip. Just enough time to check out the city, not enough time to really get outside or do any diving. Thanks for the site. Looks helpful. Incidentally, will Sydney be cold in August?

I have heard experienced photog divers claim that the Eastern Fields on the Golden Dawn were the best trips of their Dive history. I trust and respect their opinions and look forward to going myself.

reubencahn:
Cabin 1 was already booked. We're in cabin 5, which looked pretty good (large window) and our son is in cabin 2. I think we'll be in Sydney for two days at the beginning and two days at the end of the trip. Just enough time to check out the city, not enough time to really get outside or do any diving. Thanks for the site. Looks helpful. Incidentally, will Sydney be cold in August?

How was the trip ? I am considering the same one in October this year !

If you have not been to N. Sulawesi consider the ten day Ocean Rover itinerary. It takes in Lembeh, Bunaken, and Bangka areas. You can also spend additional time at one of the land-based resorts depending upon the additional type of diving that you particularly enjoy. It is also easy to drop in on Bali which I always find nice for several days.

Back
Top Bottom