PNG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm hijacking slightly this thread as well: for me Palau was amazing (even not being crazy about big stuff), so hearing that PNG is better sounds very intriguing. I wonder what people would rate higher between Raja Ampat and PNG then in terms of marine biodiversity. As I've understood, RA has an edge on corals and PNG on macro, right? Both are damn expensive, so for any plan I can try to have, it's one or the other (and no earlier than 2020 :().
Thanks in advance.

PNG rates higher for me in terms of biodiversity and macro and even big stuff.

The reason PNG will always be way more expensive than RA is PNG is not tourism savvy like Indonesia and does not have a need to be - mining fills the corrupt coffers very well indeed.

Compare 50 LOBS v 2 LOBs
Compare 600 LOB divers to 18 LOB Divers
Compare amount of hotel rooms available in Bali alone V Airways
Compare a tribal society with one who are well versed in the tourism revenue must be protected society.
Compare airlines operating within Indo v PNG (1)
Compare security in Indo v PNG (yours and national)

Compare salaries in PNG and it's pretty easy to work out why PNG is so expensive. Indo got cheap due to its ability and infrastructure to cater to tourism.

PNG couldn't give a fat rats arse about tourism V mining.

I work as a mining industry consultant. You can blame me for the cost of diving in PNG :p

I go there with mining people..I will take some blame too :D

haha great replies guys. maybe they need me - an unemployed spouse to shake things up a bit. ill get a bunch of dive gear and a little boat and see how long my business lasts :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom