POI at Dale Hollow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scowens

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey all, planning a trip to Dale Hollow and I'm looking for dive spots within the lake. So what AND where are some good spots?

Also, any do's or don'ts there? Planning on houseboating it.

Thanks,
Steve

When are you coming down to DH? Have you ever dove DH? There is a thermocline about 20ft and anything deeper....you are gonna want a full 7mm suit. Temps at 50ft is about 55-60 degrees. I suggest diving anywhere in the area of Willow Grove Marina. There is a school house...foundation....out from Willow Grove campground swimming area. The folks at Willow Grove will show you on the map of local dive sites. They fill bottles.. $10.00 a bottle. Little steep but they are the only folks in the area that fill bottles. ok.....as far as spots....."the reef" "first island" "divers island" "school house" and anywhere that looks good in this general 3 mile area. Google "willow Grove TN". This was a community that was moved before The Corps built DH damn and flooded this area.....alot of history. Good luck!

I'll be down there Aug. 13 - 16th. Thermocline no problem, probably will be diving dry. Is there a map that shows these places?

Thanks!
Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom