Point Lobos Sat 11-21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Conditions at the Breakwater were fantastic today. I have a video uploading, but the surf was down, the seas were calm, and the viz was up - 20-25ft or so and bright. LOTS and lots of dive teams and classes in the water, too.

Yet again, serving the swell reports broiled with a few grains of salt pays off.

Awee, Kenn, I was there too! Wish I had known you were there I would have come and said hi.

Awee, Kenn, I was there too! Wish I had known you were there I would have come and said hi.

Doh! I kinda thought we had talked you out of diving this weekend (and feeling instantly guilty about that once seeing how flat the water turned out to be)! How was your dive?

Know what we need? A Norcal twitter feed!

No, you only talked me out of taking the german vacation diver, didn't talk me out of diving. I came out both Saturday and Sunday and had some really good dives. After seeing your barge video I think my buddy and I passed you guys coming out as we were going back in along the wall. We passed a team of 3 people in doubles with lights, I think I may have waved "hi".
We dropped at about 13 and then followed it till about 6 sea lions surrounded us, we had 1500 psi left and decided to turn around. I had fun playing with the sea lions though, trying to mimic their acrobatics.

After seeing your barge video I think my buddy and I passed you guys coming out as we were going back in along the wall. We passed a team of 3 people in doubles with lights, I think I may have waved "hi".
We dropped at about 13 and then followed it till about 6 sea lions surrounded us, we had 1500 psi left and decided to turn around. I had fun playing with the sea lions though, trying to mimic their acrobatics.

Hey, from that description, it was probably us :) We were along the wall quite a few times - heading out, not finding our tie-off point and heading back in quite a bit, and then heading in again after returning from the barge.

I was amazed at the number of sea lions in the water. We got buzzed quite a few times, and one of them passed by so close that we could feel the jet wash as he streaked by. Seems they enjoy using divers as slalom flags.

yes! Thanks for the invite. Maybe I can finally get some good lobos pics!

Great! I'll call them today.

Great! I'll call them today.
Smart move. I talked with several people Sunday afternoon who had been at Pt. Lobos and claimed 70'+ visibility once they got out and down. Mon/Tue/Wed of this week is a good window of opportunity, and I wish I could grab it. I had a class over the weekend, so had to content myself with 23' at BW. But I knew it was really great if you could just get out.

Clinton's experience with "condition reports" is something I experience on a daily basis. I often hear from one group just how awful things were, only to talk later with another group who knew where to go and then came back reporting dazzling conditions.

Bruce

Smart move. I talked with several people Sunday afternoon who had been at Pt. Lobos and claimed 70'+ visibility once they got out and down. Mon/Tue/Wed of this week is a good window of opportunity, and I wish I could grab it. I had a class over the weekend, so had to content myself with 23' at BW. But I knew it was really great if you could just get out.

Clinton's experience with "condition reports" is something I experience on a daily basis. I often hear from one group just how awful things were, only to talk later with another group who knew where to go and then came back reporting dazzling conditions.

Bruce

I was there on Sunday... We hit hole in the wall, west of hole in the wall, parts of middle reef and Beto's. We did not see better than 40 ft of milky vis. Not that I am complaining

I wouldn't call yesterday spectacular. But it was close enough.

yes! Thanks for the invite. Maybe I can finally get some good lobos pics!

I just called Lobos and Kristina said we can't have 3 people on a reservation anymore. :confused: Do you want to make another reservation? It looks like there are more available and I'm sure we can find someone else to join us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom