Polar Pro Red Filter vs UR/PRO Analysis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

can we please not turn this into another flame war. There is no reason to bash anyone or anything in this thread. It looks like a group of people is attacking 1 guy just because he thinks different. Pitchfork mentality is not necessary. You want to sort out your differences? Take it to private messages.

My next test will be on my Cozumel vacation at end of this month. I will be able to benchmark this filter at 80ft depths and report accordingly.

I predict that my filters will do a decent job and I will have all my fingers crossed until then.

Look forward to seeing your Cozumel results. The visibility and bright skies will help.

Thanks yarik83 but am not bothered I am obviosly getting under the skin of a number of people but that's life
I think your test in this fresh water environment is very good and I would expect cozumel to be excellent

Guys I just came back from my Cozumel trip. 145gb of video footage. Tons of stuff to edit. I will be making a "Polarpro" critique video #3 as well as post videos on the forums. Might take me a few weeks but I will get there.

Not sure what that is all about but i do have a issue i would like to report. At 89 feet my back door was pressing up against the camera and on one gopro it stopped filming twice. Had to hit record button to get it working. Thankfully with 3 cameras i have not missed anything i wanted to tape. Started sorting through stuff. I will upload absolute raw video this weekend with no edits, tweaks or balancing for public scrutiny.

I am posting this here for your immediate filter scrutiny. Before you click to watch please read this post carefully as video has been uploaded unlisted.

Except for a few seconds this entire hodge podge of clips has been uploaded exactly as it came off the camera with no post processing tweaks of any sort. No contrast, no brightness, no white balance adjustment. Nothing of that sort.

Camera: Gopro hero 3 black edition x 2
Camera position: mounted to 2 hander tray. 1 facing forward, 1 facing backward (on right hand side of my tray)
Camera settings: 1080 60fps stock settings. No protune, no fancy tune, no tweaks, no messing with the camera, just as is with default settings.
Filters: Polar Pro Red filters. 1 filter broke on dive so allegedly they are sending replacements. If they do not it will not make or brake my use of filters. Tab broke off but I can still attach filter to camera.
Both filters attached under water after clearing bubbles away from lens.
Water visibility 200+ feet
Water temperature 73-76 degrees fahrenheight.
Filming conditions: partly cloudy but mostly sunny
Filming depth: 80ft as per dive plan on Palancar Caves, Palancar Gardens, Santa Rosa, Los Palomas, San Francisco
Filming depths: 60ft as per dive plan on Paso Del Cedral and other inside reefs of 2nd dive
Filming depths: 40ft as per dive plan around Paradise Reef

How to view video footage:

There is about 1.5 hours worth of short clips in this video. Please feel free to forward and skip as needed. There is footage from both gopros from all my dives. Boring stuff has been cut out.

I am currently actively editing my vacation videos so I will be doing color adjustments and such. I also need to splice my bonica video footage. All in all 16 hours worth of scuba videos will be cut into 2 hours worth of footage. That footage will be edited and uploaded in small 3-5 minute video clips featuring best of the best.

Initial thoughts.

While there is a slight visible tint in the video footage, it is pretty darn high quality if you ask me. If that is what raw footage looks like, imagine how awesome finished product will be once I adjust colors, contrast, brightness etc.

[video=youtube;qul1W2O2JQc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qul1W2O2JQc[/video]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom